Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Switchblade Romace

• 23-02-2005 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Rented this out from xtra vision.....French film with Eng subs, read good things about it a few months back, thought it was a standard teen slasher flick (as the basic reviews seem to suggest) but it was something much more bizzare and graphically violent.....

Rent it. One of the few recent movies to have the not often used "strictly 18's only" Xtra Vison yellow sticker....trust me, its worth a watch.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

I really enjoyed this movie. The 'twist' was a little bit groansome, but it made up for it with buckets and buckets of blood. I've been meaning to get the DVD because of the interview with the make-up artist - I want to know exactly what percentage of the film's budget went on fake blood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Exactly, very obvious ending, but very enjoyable. Some great scenes (like the mother in front of the wardrobe, with the throat, ergh!).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I wrote my opinion in the horror forum. The twist is ridiculous but if you are a gore fan you will love it. The Buzzsaw should be the new chainsaw of horror films.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah, at first I thought the throat scene looked a little fake, when it was initially slit, but when it goes to maries horrified eyes and then back to her POV, and the throat is opening up and spewing blood...gross. I dont want to give any spoilers, but the first kill was damn inventive! Never seen something that sick and bizarre in a movie before.

I love gory films, especially the 80´s italian ones, but this was just so gross because it was so brutally realistic. Love this film though. A cult classic. Deserves recognition, I wonder what kind of a budget they had? I wouldn´t say it was very high, but it shows that budget isnt everything! Hollywood churns out alot of pathetic slasher films that cost $$$ and have nothing on this gem!

Retrogamer - you are definately right about the buzzsaw. Even the idea of that weapon was sick, puts the traditional steak knife and even a chainsaw to shame! Reminded me of the lawnmower from "Braindead" :D

Advertisement