Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stepping down as Soccer Mod

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

gandalf wrote:
    Ah posting as a civilian, mmmm nice :D

Thanks for the kind words all. The Soccer mods will be deciding who the mods are and they are looking at the names here. I will also be sending who I think would be good. Draupnir there is no way a mod who has nothing to do with this forum would go near here :D

The admins will have the final say but hey its their party we are just guests !!!
    I nominate Gandalf ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

not a valid reason to let someone be a mod infairness.

someone who has a knowledge of a subject is fair better suited to moderate a forum on the subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

I vote that the admins choose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Draupnir wrote:
    someone who has a knowledge of a subject is fair better suited to moderate a forum on the subject.

EL is never popular here, and making someone mod who knows about it wont make a difference.

a person who doesnt get involved in petty arguements and has a bit of cop on is much more important when picking a mod. Not someones knowledge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

so youre counting yourself out then? is that what you mean? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

damn right i am! you need your head exmined to want to be mod of this site i think!

no offence to current mods or the next ones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Eirebhoy for mod. But it better not be like the American presidential elections where Shrimp ends up winning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

See.. Penis Envy..

And Cheesedude, I am slightly offended...

And you automatically move yourself out of the running!!!! Well done!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

also agree that eireboy should be nominated for mod, he always makes good comments and seems level headed :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Enjoy your retirement in the big bad world of the politics forum!

I nominate eirebhoy and Irish1 for mods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Well done on all the hard work Gandalf. I think this is one of modding soccer is mostly a hard and thankless task, fair play to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Ye EireBhoy is definitely a good nomination....He is always spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

You have been a good mod to this forum imo. Fair play.

I nominate Eirebhoy for the mod postion if us user's have any say at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Really appreciate all the "votes" and comments, didn't think I was so popular. :) Maybe you're all just trying to build me an ego from scratch. ;) Anyway, I'm not really interested in modding and certainly don't think I'm the right person for the job so good look to whoever takes the job. :)

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

i vote for jank and Irish 1 for mods

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

if you want a good mod who will keep inputting with a high level of validity i reckon eirebhoy is your man,
    if you wanna saucy minx and the best mod you'll ever see then theres only one way to go.
    I'm sure you'll make the right the decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I think everybody should stop putty eirbhoy forward, he's very politely declined twice but no-one seems to have noticed. Maybe he's after a quiet life of retirement. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Saucy Minx! Saucy Minx!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Definitely not jank!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Best of luck Gandalf thanks for all the dedication, without your hard work this forum may not still be here.

But I'm a little worried that you might be in politics too much now :D

Best of luck and thanks again.

Advertisement