Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

images with transparent backgrounds

Options
  • 23-02-2005 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi

One of my web pages will have a patterned background.

I want to insert product pics on the page. The products images background will be transparent so as one can see the page background below.

However my problem is that when i save the image as a gif of png and look at the webpage there are white pixels around the edges - These i can get rid of if I zoom in an get rid of all the semi transparent pixels (and draw an outline)
    However this is very time consuming if I have a lot of product images (which i do!) :cool:

Is there any tool (or way in photoshop) to get rid of those annoying white pixels?

Tnx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ConsultClifford

Got it!
    What's a Matte for?
    Photoshop is pixel-based. In GIF, pixels are either on or off. The way PS makes the edges look smooth, though, and not jaggy, is through what they call "anti-aliasing." What this is is it makes the edge pixels semi-transparent.

So in Supra, some of the pixels around the edge appear on our white background to be pink or lavender. This is because the purple or red pixels are semi-transparent against the white.

Well, since you can't have them semi-transparent, the Matte color tells PS what color to combine with these edge pixels to make them transparent.

Advertisement