Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Credit Card Scam

Options
  • 23-02-2005 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

I was shopping in Tescos the other day and I heard an announcer say that Tesco pay the government stamp duty on their credit card. I was interested so I looked about on the internet. It does say it pays it but it only pays the first stamp duty payment and its only for the first 10,000 members. Since the card has been running from early '04 its long since filled that quota (according to a member on askaboutmoney.com).

Kind of a pisser that Tesco are still banging on about paying the €40 stamp duty when they know its long since finished.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

hardly a scam.

Ring and ask tesco if the offer is still open, just because you read it on a message board that it filled its quota that doesnt mean its true.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

But if it is full, they should've taken down the signs....

Advertisement