Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POP Port to 3.5mm connector for Nokia Phones

Options
  • 23-02-2005 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Folks - A bunch of you have asked me where I got my POP Port to 3.5 connector. I bought if off eBAY (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42407&item=6371137671&rd=1) or send an email to Charles at cfm3138@citysun.fsnet.co.uk - he makes them in the UK and sells them for about GBP12 or so. Shipping to Ireland is free. I have no connections with Charles except that I received my connector and it works great. Advantages of the converter- 1) connect you own high quality head phones (instead of the crappy nokia ones), 2) Plug to your streo and listen to music, 3) Just feel cool that you have something others don't. Feroz :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ferozs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

why not just buy the connector and convert your existing handsfree thingy? connector would only cost like 3euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ferozs

Kerbdog- Dunno what you mean by converting the existing hands free thingy? You can get a connector alright. However you will need to pop open the triangular Nokia block and the find out the pin configuration and the solder the connector. No problem, if you know what you are doing, but any stray solder and you will completely kill the entire handsfree headphone set. You have examples that you can post (with pics)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I think what he means is why not just buy the jack ourself's and do a diy job on it

Advertisement