Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fanning Show - 2fm spam

Options
  • 23-02-2005 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

FanningShow

Friends | FOAF ebay Show

We're doing a piece tonight (Wed, 23rd) on the Fanning Show, 2FM between 6 and 7.30 about eBay, the stuff people use it for, the experiences they've had and the current media interest in it.
    If you'd like to contribute to the show you could phone us on 1850 715922 (and we'll phone you back) or text us on 087 7720000. These numbers only work when the show is on air (otherwise you might end up doing the "Just A Minute" Quiz with Larry Gogan) or you could email us in advance on [a href="mailto:dave@2fm.ie"]dave@2fm.ie[/a].
    Hope you don't consider this a bit spammy but we'd rather have real people for the show.
    Joan

just got this via pm.
    wtf?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Blimey ...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Weird... I'll ban them. Its freaky when our national broadcaster is coming here to reach real people... I find that most discombobulating, Ted.

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

ps: Why doesnt Dave Fanning do a piece on what real Irish people use a home-grown web success story for, rather then yet another American imported success story?

DeV.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I got to him before you ...

I don't think it's our national broadcaster doing this but you never know. Either way it's probably a good idea to contact them about this.

Because Dave Fanning rarely has an original or interesting idea and is even less likely to express an opinion that hasn't already been scripted for him by someone else or provided in the form of a press release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Got spammed as well.

Tempted to ring in just to wind the fecker up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

At least they warned you about Larry Gogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Naughty people at RTE!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

DeVore wrote:
    ps: Why doesnt Dave Fanning do a piece on what real Irish people use a home-grown web success story for, rather then yet another American imported success story?

DeV.

You mean why doesn't he a story on boards.ie ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

TIPPTOP wrote:
    You mean why doesn't he a story on boards.ie ;)
    I think that was transparent enough TIPPTOP.

No RTÉ spam for me; Now I feel like I should be posting more where Chalk and Hobbes do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Should contact RTE about their unsolicited spamming of boards.ie accounts.
    DeVore wrote:

Looking for some more media time Tom? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Hobbes wrote:
    Got spammed as well.

Tempted to ring in just to wind the fecker up.
    That sounds like an idea. Get on air and have a go at 2fm for spamming. Might get "Joan" fired though...

Wouldnt be the first p45 issued over activities on Boards. Ask Esat ;)

Hey, I'm a self confessed, fully signed up member of the self-promoters club! But more then that, I hate seeing lazy pieces on big american wins being attracted here when beyond the newspapers noone is paying much attention to whats going on. I mean, Boards now has about 15,000 regular users. Thats the size of a damned big town.

Do you think that if a big town just sprang up in the middle of, oh I dunno, say Kildare. Do you think RTE might be interested in that story? :D

As usual we have an "its Irish therefore its inferior to everything foreign" attitude.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

We love you for your constant promotion. Hopefully it might be TV next time.

I nominate we setup our own town called BoardsieVille. We could all have a super l33t network aronund the town. Would be fun... until we run out of food and discover everyone just sits around and playes games all day....

DeVore wrote:
    As usual we have an "its Irish therefore its inferior to everything foreign" attitude.
    Well Dave FAnning is hardly a model of Irish broadcasting ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

In fairness, Newstalk 106 have scouted here before, and not a blind eye had been turned....

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Winters wrote:
    We love you for your constant promotion. Hopefully it might be TV next time.

I nominate we setup our own town called BoardsieVille. We could all have a super l33t network aronund the town. Would be fun... until we run out of food and discover everyone just sits around and playes games all day....
    Heh, I was actually thinking something similar to that... DeV, what if 15,000 people suddenly did show up in the middle of Kildare?
    Now that would be one hell of a boards beer...

They already did ... It's called Leixlip.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

jaysus they were looking for real people here!!!!

I can just see Amp going "A/S/L Dave!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Sorry, missed the bit about it was a PM, and not a thread.

Bad, bad RTÉ monkie.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Ebay was discussed on the Dave Fanning show this evening. Just happened to be listening to it on the way back from work. Just people ringing in about their experiences with ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

DeVore wrote:
    Weird... I'll ban them. Its freaky when our national broadcaster is coming here to reach real people... I find that most discombobulating, Ted.

DeV.

Never ever underestimate the laziness of an RTE radio researcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Do you think that if a big town just sprang up in the middle of, oh I dunno, say Kildare. Do you think RTE might be interested in that story?

Nah, it's somewhere outside Dublin. That would never work ;)

I've smacked Newstalk104 too, thats why they are now clearly identified and they start threads, not spam PM's.

I meant to ring into the show but forgot as I was working late.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Article 13(1) of the Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive requires Member States to prohibit the sending of unsolicited commercial communications by fax or e-mail or other electronic messaging systems such as SMS and MMS unless the prior consent of the addressee has been obtained (opt-in system).

source

said directive can be found below

http://europa.eu.int/information_society/topics/ecomm/useful_information/library/legislation/index_en.htm#dir_2002_58_ec

broadcasting complaints commission

http://www.bcc.ie/

never liked dave fanning anyway.

Advertisement