Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fitting tyres

Options
  • 23-02-2005 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭

Have to change the tyres on the car and I'm thinking of buying from eiretyres.com as they seem relatively cheap.

My question is, how much do garages normally charge to fit and balance (and track) wheels. Basically is there any real saving to be made by ordering online?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

kwikfit charged me 10 yoyo's per tyre .( fit and balance)

Got some tyres from eiretyres too:)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Boggle, try Advanced Pitstop either in Cathedral Place or out on the Ennis road. I think they charge around €25 or €30 for fitting and balancing all four wheels. Tracking costs around €35 or €40. They have a proper machine for tracking. Give them a ring first and they will tell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Boggle

There's an advance pitstop in CLonmel too and they have this rack aswell... had to bring my car back twice last time cos they kept making a mess of it. Same happened to my father so don't really want to go back...

(also tried to flog me brake discs I didn't need so bit of a cowboy outfit methinks!...)

Advertisement