Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

getting alloys skimmed (Dublin)

Options
  • 23-02-2005 12:58pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I need to get a set of alloys skimmed so they fit my car and am looking for someone in the Dublin area ho can do this. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

skimmed???

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The wheels are for track use and were designed for an E34 BMW - the hub of an E39 is a few mm larger so I need to get the centre of the mating face of the wheel skimmed slightly so they fit. It is an easy job for someone with the right equipment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

I would imagine a metal workshop could do the job for you.

Sorry i can't be more helpful. Never had to/know anyone who did it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

you could try Revolution Engineering Smithstown, Maynooth, Co.Kildare.

phone Dave 087 6371111
    Sonny 086 8731041

i know they do engineering stuff and they also go alloy repairs etc...

*Mention Toyota GT Turbo.com when calling Revolution Engineering, many have been known to get a few bob off ;)

Macker

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

@Macker - cheers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement