Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[article] Transport Minister Announcing New Funding

• 23-02-2005 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

From unison.
    Cullen announces record €1.4bn road funding package

Transport Minister Martin Cullen has unveiled a record €1.4bn funding package for road projects this year.

Mr Cullen said the money would allow construction to begin on 19 new projects, eight of them in the border, midlands and western region.

He also said it would pave the way for the completion of eight projects in 2005, including the South Eastern Motorway and the Dublin Port Tunnel.

Meanwhile, Mr Cullen also confirmed that he had ordered the National Roads Authority to carry out a feasibility study on a new ring-road around Dublin.

The road from Drogheda to Naas, via Navan, is being considered in an effort to ease congestion on the M50, which currently rings the capital

More to follow no doubt.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭DubTony

Victor wrote:
    From that Press Release

Announcing details of the 2005 National Roads Improvement Programme with NRA Chairman, Peter Malone, Minister Cullen also announced that the Government has asked the NRA to carry out a feasibility study for an outer ring road of Dublin.

“Infrastructure must be planned well and planned early. An outer ring road will not happen overnight, but now is the time to explore how it could work, the difference it could make and how much it would cost. On transport infrastructure we have a responsibility to think about the future and that is what the Government is committed to”.*

You have to love that "Ring Road will not happen overnight". How about (where's me calculator?) 7300 overnights?

20 odd years on and the M50 is still not finished. This proposed "by-pass" will obviously be a hell of a lot longer than the Coolock to Bray road. ;) I'd be willing to take bets on how long it would take to build, but I don't want to leave my grandkids having to pay your grandkids if I lost.

And then there's "Infrastructure must be planned well and planned early" ...ROFLMAO...

and finally tonight ... "On transport infrastructure we have a responsibility to think about the future and that is what the Government is committed to."

Soundbite politics from Minister Monic ... eh, Cullen.

Tony

Advertisement