Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open

Options
  • 23-02-2005 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

It says on merrion website that paddy power are running exclusive satellites for the irish open as they are the official sponsors but i checked pp website and didn't see any tournaments for the irish open,

Maybe Dev or someone else could tell me when they start, buy in, re buy details etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

We could make the next home game a satellite, 20 runners €100 Freezeout - Winner takes all ?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭allin-king

i was thinking that but you could make 90min re buy and give a few quid to 2nd & 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

€100 rebuy? I'd consider the freezeout but having rebuys at that level prices me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I think what you could have is a €50 rebuy with a maximum of two rebuys per person. That way you increase the potential prize pool without pricing people out of the game. I'd be interested in that kind of format..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Iago wrote:
    I think what you could have is a €50 rebuy with a maximum of two rebuys per person. That way you increase the potential prize pool without pricing people out of the game. I'd be interested in that kind of format..

Ya. So would I. Sorry, when you say home game do you mean B&M or on-line 'home' game ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭allin-king

careca wrote:
    Ya. So would I. Sorry, when you say home game do you mean B&M or on-line 'home' game ?[/QUOTE

we were actually talking about our own home game which me and shortstack play in on Fridays, but we might be looking to invite some other players as it can be hard sometimes to get 20+ players on a friday night and we can decide on buy in, structure etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Rebuys are too messy, we could make it €150 with 20 players = €2000 for first €700 for second and €300 for third. Will need to be an early start and a good structure though. 8pm start ( sharp ) and 30 min levels. 5000 chips

25/50
    50/100
    100/200
    150/300
    200/400
    300/600
    500/1000
    800/1600
    1000/2000
    1500/3000
    2000/4000 should be enough to finish in 6hrs or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Shortstack wrote:
    Rebuys are too messy, we could make it €150 with 20 players = €2000 for first €700 for second and €300 for third. Will need to be an early start and a good structure though. 8pm start ( sharp ) and 30 min levels. 5000 chips

25/50
    50/100
    100/200
    150/300
    200/400
    300/600
    500/1000
    800/1600
    1000/2000
    1500/3000
    2000/4000 should be enough to finish in 6hrs or so.

Too rich for my blood, I'm afraid, especially playing against you sharks.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll wait for the dead money too ... :)

DeV

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

As was recently pointed out to me re shortstacks online tournies,
    "why would you want to spend money, in the hope of winning a small ammount, against those really good players when you can plug away against mucking fuppets in cash/mtt tables"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

gerire wrote:
    As was recently pointed out to me re shortstacks online tournies,
    "why would you want to spend money, in the hope of winning a small ammount, against those really good players when you can plug away against mucking fuppets in cash/mtt tables"

They're not mutually exclusive!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

If youre playing poker to win money I suggest playing at higher levels tha $10 small tournaments, I play them for the laugh would also play if we were only playing for league points

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

ditto to Bohsman, in fact I like playing the Boards online league BECAUSE it has good players in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Me too, but I cannot afford €150 an hour poker lessons

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

DeVore wrote:
    ditto to Bohsman, in fact I like playing the Boards online league BECAUSE it has good players in it!
    And because you can play the hammer and all your quality Qx hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Frankygolucky

Me too

Imposter wrote:
    And because you can play the hammer and all your quality Qx hands.
    Actually, its easier to play those sort of hands against good players, they at least have fold buttons!

DeV.

Advertisement