Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maiden in RDS

Options
  • 23-02-2005 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭

Iron Maiden are playing the RDS on 31 August with Marylin Manson supporting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Ooh, could be good. Any idea of ticket prices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

yeah and tickets are a shocking 67 for standing and 72 for seating - this is exactly like the Metallica gig - wasting good money on a single band - just is not worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

So tempting! But so expensive! Hopefully I'll go. Teh birthday is between now and then...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

dont really listen to iron maiden but manson, cant wait!!!
    wasting good money on a single band

two good bands, iron maiden and marilyn manson. and there will be a few other good bands announced aswell!

tickets on sale this saturday, cant wait! does anybody know if it will sell out??? how many does the RDS hold?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

That's a good 20 quid more than I remember paying when Maiden came along last time. Shame.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Wow thats dear!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I blame Manson. Mostly because it'll annoy someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I wouldn't mind seeing Maiden again, and if it's all outdoors ala the metallica gigs at the RDS (for example) it could be cool. But man, am I broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

Marilyn Frickin Manson......

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

seriously tho..
    ill be there like a lunatic
    manson rammstein qotsa

what a ****in summer

why the tickets so dear anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Chalk wrote:
    Marilyn Frickin Manson......

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

maiden is the one u should be getting excited about

great news i was hoping they would come back this year since i missed them last time
    IRON MAIDEN
    + Marilyn Manson
    +more to be announced

anyone want to guess who else will be playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 SaXont

Im hoping dragonforce open it since there doing some european dates with them or so i'm told!

Miaden were fantastic in the point so im really looking forward to this!

Best news in a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Iron Maiden and Marilyn Manson? Bit of an odd pairing that. Both are obviously playing the Reading/Leeds festivals if the month is any indication.

I saw Manson last December, put on a good show, wouldn't really need to see him again though. On the other hand, I'd really like to see Maiden after missing their Point gig. But christ, €65? Ye can do better things with that amount of money, and it's in the RDS...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Iron Maiden and Marilyn Manson?

ya a bit like metallica linkin park and metallica lost prophets
    dosnt make any sence
    just seems to be some weird pairing when bands play the rds
    only differnce is manson probably wont get bottled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 vindictive_miss

SaXont wrote:
    Im hoping dragonforce open it since there doing some european dates with them or so i'm told!

Best news in a long time

Maiden and dragonforce would be unbelievable!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

SaXont wrote:

Best news in a long time

oh yeah!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i WOULD go but i think i'll be waiting for any announcements on any other bands. that price is just taking the piss...

Yea for that price I thought someone decent would be supporting!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

tuxy wrote:
    ya a bit like metallica linkin park and metallica lost prophets
    dosnt make any sence

Metallica/Maiden to draw the old crowd, Linkin Park/LostProphets/Manson to draw the young. Makes perfect sense.
    why the tickets so dear anyway?

Ask Mr. Aiken.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Who plays guitar for Manson now that John5 is gone ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I wouldn't mind going. To be quite honest, I'd like to see Manson just for the stage show he'd put on. Maiden were excellent last time, so I wouldn't pass up another opportunity to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Pyr0 wrote:
    Who plays guitar for Manson now that John5 is gone ??

Just before the band embarked on their 2004 Against All Gods Tour in support of their 'Best Of' record, ex-FIGHT guitarist Mark Chausee was hired to fill the guitarist spot. There has been no official word yet as to his permanence as a member of Marilyn Manson.

their current line up is:
    MM
    Madonna Wayne Gacy - Keyboards n'stuff
    Tim Skold - Bass
    Mark Chausee - Guitar
    Ginger Fish - Drums

recently there have been rumours of Fish being replaced by Chris Vrenna.that remains to be seen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Definitely a bit steep - not sure if I'll bother going, especially as they're playing Graspop, along with tons of other great bands..
    What with it being a Wednesday as well, even if some other bands get added, it's gonna be difficult to get to see them.
    I wish they'd put these sorts of gigs on at the weekend, so people can make a day of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Prices like that really piss me off. I saw maiden in the point and would love to see them again, but i wont buy a ticket right away. Ill buy a ticket much closer to the date when i have seen the full lineup and when i have money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭pedro_el_killio

WHAT U DIDNT KONW ABOUT BRUCE DICKENSONBruce_Dickinson0391.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Iron Maiden and Yngwie Malmsteen to look forward to, this year looks good so far..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Saw Maiden in the point and it was a great gig.

But that was €40 euro

This is €70, well worth since Manson is playing . . . but will those Christian parent groups try to stop him playing? I don't wanna go for just Maiden at that preice, ugh what to do

Wouldn't mind seeing H.I.M. added to that line up, even them and maiden..... fcking parents association!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I'm going. I checked and I have the money. I assume tickets will be available from Ticketmaster from saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Add Dragonforce to the lineup and then yes! Watch smoke come from their guitars!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 silligum

Cactus Col wrote:
    Iron Maiden are playing the RDS on 31 August with Marylin Manson supporting.

iron maidin and manson this has to be good.
    anyone going to download! alot of good bands playin :D

Advertisement