Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Women f..king drivers!!!

Options
  • 23-02-2005 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Women f**king drivers! This morning I had the car parked across from the office and at one stage happened to look out the window and spotted a car parked unnervingly close to mine.
    The driver was still in it talking on her mobile, so I went out, thinking at best I’ll never get my own car out of the space, or at worst, she’s reversed into my car. I may have been a little overly-concerned as I crossed the road, but when it’s a brand new car, who isn’t?
    This particular young lady had pulled into the space and reversed right onto my front number plate mount ... she obviously felt a thud, and didn’t even bother to drive forward again.
    Now, there would have been the length of one-and-a-half parking spaces free and then an empty yellow hatch space when she pulled into it, and she wasn’t exactly driving a tank — one of those little Fiats (Cinquecento or whatever) — probably the smallest cars on the road.
    Anyway, I tapped my key on her window and she gave me a defensive look so I pointed at the bumpers. She opened the door and continued with the look (while on the phone).
    “Am I parked to close to ya?” she asked. I was speechless, so I pointed again. “What?” she asks, so I continued to point. “Ya, but they’re not touching,” she contended.
    “Not touching? Look,” I said in bewilderment, and touched my number plate. “Do you want me to move forward?” she asked.
    Of course, there was no apology, and she didn’t even bother to get out again and check for damage. Granted, there was only a small indentation on the number plate, but its the fact that she would have wandered off up town, leaving me stuck in that space, and when approached it was as if she did nothing wrong. Get off the roads.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

O_o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

And if it was a man in the car would you have the title as "Men f..king drivers?"

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

meepmeep wrote:
    And if it was a man in the car would you have the title as "Men f..king drivers?"

The difference is... a man wouldn't do this! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Get over it, old people are the worst drivers...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

meepmeep wrote:

Don't let it bother you meepmeep, some people around here are awful ignorant, it's best just to ignore them because if you respond they'll just keep doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Can I assume then that Koneko and meepmeep are female? And are avoiding the core issue, just as this female motorist did?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Ah that's OK, meepmeep / Koneko: both Men AND Women are f..king drivers over here anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

ambro25 wrote:
    Ah that's OK, meepmeep / Koneko: both Men AND Women are f..king drivers over here anyway :D

I agree, all drivers in Ireland are crap, courtesy and rules of the road are out the window in Ireland....

BTW, congratulations to me on my 400th post...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

Ahhhh.... Ambro25, I agree with you on that one, hehe

And if there were aliens, they would be F..king drivers aswell..... Mwahahahaha

Buckfast wrote:
    Can I assume then that Koneko and meepmeep are female? And are avoiding the core issue, just as this female motorist did?

I'm sorry, which core issue would this be? The one where you had a run-in with a sh!tty driver, and this causes you to brand a WHOLE GENDER as bad drivers? So the core issue of you being a sexist fool?

There are bad drivers out there. Period. This isn't reserved for one gender or race or colour in particular, it's an individual thing.

• Advertisement

Keyzer wrote:
    I agree, all drivers in Ireland are crap, courtesy and rules of the road are out the window in Ireland....

BTW, congratulations to me on my 400th post...

maybe they shouldn't ban smoking but instead ban driving,
    Let's get the horse and cart back on the roads.

And congrats on your 400th, tis only be happening once, LOL
    just like my 536th now, so congrat me allready :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

It really has nothing to do with her being a her...

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

koneko wrote:
    So the core issue of you being a sexist fool?

Hey, don't be so touchy. In your haste to flame, you seem to have difficulty in thinking and typing at the same time. That [above quote] isn't even a sentence. Maybe females can't multi-task either? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gosh

Ah now - couldn't have been as bad as the attached ... LOL

Buckfast wrote:
    Hey, don't be so touchy. In your haste to flame, you seem to have difficulty in thinking and typing at the same time. That [above quote] isn't even a sentence. Maybe females can't multi-task either? :)

Konecko has a point, sounds very sexist from here.
    try and get a grip with your self and try posting something more productive the next time.
    sorry for your car, but this isn't a issue to be generalised to females, one female doesn't represent them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Ro: maaan! wrote:
    It really has nothing to do with her being a her...

its everything to do with it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Also you didn't mention anything about her driving in your post. Should have called it female parkers really. She could be an excellent driver. Better than you even... Oh wait, what am I thinking! You're a man!

You're clearly a troll, and I don't have time for trolls.

I also apologise that I'm not a native English speaker, perhaps that offends you too. All those stupid foreigners and women taking up space on your roads when they can't really drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jeeze where is this one spring from....keep it on topic and off gratuitous sexism and swearing. Otherwise its the bin or thunderdome...

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

actually something similar happened to me at the weekend. In car park, And I slip it into reverse to pull out of my spot. It's one of those angled spaces

\ \ \ \ \

/ / / / /

like such, with a one way system in place. Anywho this monster of a jeep comes up the wrong way and tries to swing into place beside me (on my right, having gone past me). Anyway she takes three maneuvers to approximate the parking move and ends up leaving her arse in my place.

I put it back into neutral and open door to ask her to move it - as I can no longer get out of the spot - not even mentioning to her that her disregard for the road markings in pulling in had already delayed me.

She looks at me like I've two heads, sticks up her finger and slings the child on to her hip before wandering off, leaving me perform three moves to get out of the space.

Key just about stayed in the ignition rather than along the side of her jeep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The women aren't too bad. Its the skangers that you have to watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

mike65 wrote:
    Jeeze where is this one spring from....keep it on topic and off gratuitous sexism and swearing. Otherwise its the bin or thunderdome...

Mike.

From under a rock I'd say.

And I'd vote for the bin - with an extra halping of bannings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Why do you think bumpers are called bumpers? They are for bumping you silly man. Get over yourself - it is only a car and in ten years time it will have been either crushed, dismantled or burned, the same as all consumer durables. If you don't want anyone to touch it, wrap it in bubble wrap, or better still leave it at home. Twonk.

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Is it just us Irish and maybe Brits that have such regard for their cars? I was in paris, got home late last night and every single person there. and by that i mean EVER SINGLE BLOODY DRIVER does not give a rats about their cars, they bang and scrape and bump off everything from other cars to bollards and posts etc.. Almost every car has bumps and dents etc, exception being very new sports cars..

Me i park far away from other cars in a car park.. i try to park at the end of a row.. you know where the verge is usually concrete or shrubs etc. My car has some marks anyway but i dont want any more.

On the women side.. not all are bad not all are good.. smae as men. I do fine women have much less regard for their cars though.. they dont mind opening their door without making sure it does not hit another car etc. Thats just general observation. They are also less sure about what to do on roads.. men are more confident.. again this is NOT everyone and works on both sides too but i see it more in women than men.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Saruman wrote:
    Is it just us Irish and maybe Brits that have such regard for their cars? I was in paris, got home late last night and every single person there. and by that i mean EVER SINGLE BLOODY DRIVER does not give a rats about their cars, they bang and scrape and bump off everything from other cars to bollards and posts etc.. Almost every car has bumps and dents etc, exception being very new sports cars..

Hey, I must be French (wait 'til I tell the missus!) 'cos I don't give a flying funk about my car. My missus has a technique called 'sonic parking' which uses the sounds of grinding and crunching to guide her into any tight spot. She used park-by-feel for a while but found it a little slow. I prefer to handbrake turn into parking spaces (like my hero Russ Swift) and have only overcooked it once, resulting in severe damage to the suspension trailing arm of a Citroen AX when I hit a kerb side-on.

'c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

If that was me now , with a span new car I would of went insane , I cant beleive she didnt even apologise!!
    There are some dodgy drivers goin now but jeez that reaaly takes the cake :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Why do you think bumpers are called bumpers? They are for bumping you silly man. Get over yourself - it is only a car and in ten years time it will have been either crushed, dismantled or burned, the same as all consumer durables. If you don't want anyone to touch it, wrap it in bubble wrap, or better still leave it at home. Twonk.

'cptr

correct, one sees a lot of people spending their days polishing their baby, and admiring it, yet when u break it down it will be crushed etc within 10 years. one has to laugh. and then there are the new reg brigade :rolleyes: it does have to be said mechanical maintainence is very important if a car wants to even see 10 years reliably and scrapes/ bumps etc are not a good marker to this at all except on company cars.
    still people should respect other peoples property.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

I saw two interesting car incidents recently...

1. Women trying to get into car park space
    This was so funny. I was in a multi storey car park and was sitting in my car waiting for my GF to come back from the shops! There was a free car park space at the end of the a row which meant you could come at the space at an angle of 45 degrees or so. This is exactly what happened... in order to get into and secure the space, she parked diagonally across the free spot! Then she spent 5 mins reversing out a bit, turning and going back in. I sat and looked at this and worked out in 3 movements how to get into the space properly... here's a wee drawing to explain... I'm really going to the effort here!

carpark.gif

Now, instead of constantly reversing and going forward for 5 MINTUES, why not reverse to 1, turn wheel and drive forward to 2 and reverse into spot!!! God knows... some drivers!!! :(:o

2. Man (learner) speeding on the ice!
    I watched a learner driver get a good lesson today on the ice. Walking to the shop earlier and there was a van pulling out of a parked position and couldn't get off because ice under the snow. He was wheel spinning and the van ended up going up the road sideways. Another car came up and slowed to a stop and then followed the van up the road. Another little car came up the road (a learner driver) and was doing about 50 kph (in a residential area too by the way and kph to be politically correct - 30mph in the old format! :) ) - he broke and slid about 50/75 feet and into the back of another parked car. Lucky that he had slowed down enough that he only tipped the parked car. But nevertheless... learner or no learner... what the hell is up with people speeding in such bad conditions. The rest of my walk to the shop was spent warning drivers to slow down before a kid was knocked down. I'd say about half the drivers going up the road were going too fast!!

Anyway... that's my two cents for this topic! :cool:

my snowmen army was killed by the next door neighbours kids... going out to get their snowmen now!!!

Cheeurs,

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Hey, I must be French (wait 'til I tell the missus!) 'cos I don't give a flying funk about my car. 'c

Ahem... Now that we've just a good old wordfest about sexism because of generalisations, let's not start the same with a touch of xenophobism, shall we? I'm French and I DO take care of my wheels. Paris is the proverbial exception that confirms the rule: nobody in their right mind has a nice car in Paris (unless they live in the 'burbs or in the XVIe) and I sure never had a nice car when I lived there (matterf of fact, I had a beat up old white BX 19D Entreprise, not one square inch of the body without a dent, a scratch or somesuch). But you should venture outside before assuming, for there is much, much more to France than just 'GayyPareee'... ;):p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Gothic Warrior

It's mostly women and old people though. Anytime I see someone doing something stupid (driving with no lights on, or indicating all the way down the road), when I eventually get to see them, nine times out of ten it's a woman. FACT.

Advertisement