Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Women f..king drivers!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Gothic Warrior

Why do you think bumpers are called bumpers? They are for bumping you silly man. Get over yourself - it is only a car and in ten years time it will have been either crushed, dismantled or burned, the same as all consumer durables. If you don't want anyone to touch it, wrap it in bubble wrap, or better still leave it at home. Twonk.

'cptr

You dumbass.

So by your logic, if someone is wearing a bullet proof vest, it's okay to shoot them? Because it's called a 'bullet' proof vest, so what's the problem?

It's ONLY a car that I paid for, and it's not okay for someone to damage (no matter how insignificant) my property just becasue they are too stupid/dozy to drive properly.

The fact that you are clearly one of those douchebags who thinks "it's okay to bump a car because they have bumpers" speaks volumes about your aptitude, and your respect for other peoples property. Maybe if we ever meet (not likely though, because I don't hang around building sites), I'll just smash up your phone and tell you "Pah, what's the point? It will probably be broken in 2 years anyway". And you'll be cool with that, becasue you have insurance on your phone anyway - and that's what insurance is for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Headleylamarr

Saruman wrote:
    Is it just us Irish and maybe Brits that have such regard for their cars? I was in paris, got home late last night and every single person there. and by that i mean EVER SINGLE BLOODY DRIVER does not give a rats about their cars, they bang and scrape and bump off everything from other cars to bollards and posts etc.. Almost every car has bumps and dents etc, exception being very new sports cars..
    QUOTE]

Thats a Parisienne thing - they've no parking and the streets are real narrow - thats why the cars are all dinged... its the same in my native Athens, I've seen people nudge and push other parked cars to make spaces bigger.... Whats that famous car chase through Parisienne streets (its a 206 GTi maybe) and it slams into bunches of cars at every junction - linda using them like armco

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I prefer to handbrake turn into parking spaces (like my hero Russ Swift)

Efficient parking

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

It's mostly women and old people though. Anytime I see someone doing something stupid (driving with no lights on, or indicating all the way down the road), when I eventually get to see them, nine times out of ten it's a woman. FACT.
    There must be loads of women where you live, because nine times out of ten when I catch up it's a man aged 65+.

Anyone read last week's Sunday Times article about men v women drivers?
    It's all very straightforward:

Men have better spacial ability, but women are less likely to plough into another vehicle.

Swings and roundabouts :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Grimlock

Interceptor your an ass, people like you with no repect for other peoples property are just childish and selfish, think Gothic Warrior summed you up best.

Anyways to the original poster, it's very frustrating when something like that happens but it's not fair to label one group as poor drivers, if you want to look at it statistically ok, girls may be more likely to damage your car but guys are more likely to crash into you at high speed or knock you down.
    Which is the worst trait?!

But just cos I think they are funny here's some girly driver pictures: :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

Grimlock wrote:
    Interceptor your an ass, people like you with no repect for other peoples property are just childish and selfish, think Gothic Warrior summed you up best.

Anyways to the original poster, it's very frustrating when something like that happens but it's not fair to label one group as poor drivers, if you want to look at it statistically ok, girls may be more likely to damage your car but guys are more likely to crash into you at high speed or knock you down.
    Which is the worst trait?!

never knew that Dinobots had a sense of humour ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Grimlock wrote:

hey them last 2 pics were funny as hell. what was she thinking as her car went up and up and up on one side..

or maybe she had a puncture but no jack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I had a chick go through a red light on a roundabout, in the wrong lane for where she wanted to go nearly crash into me yesterday evening. When I wound down my window she was pretty angry and asked if I had seen her indicate. Told her that indicating does not give her the right to break red lights or to swipe into another lane. She still didn't understand what she was doing wrong so I called her stupid fúcking bitch and drove on. Somehow I can't see a man pulling a stunt as dumb as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

FX Meister wrote:
    Somehow I can't see a man pulling a stunt as dumb as that.

I have. I've also had a woman drive at me the wrong way around Blanchardstown Roundabout at 3 in the morning (years ago, before it was signal-controlled). It has shown me that crap drivers are to be found in skirts and trousers.
    uberwolf wrote:
    I put it back into neutral and open door to ask her to move it - as I can no longer get out of the spot

How do you suppose she found her drive home on four flat tyres?

Dermot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

I was sitting in the pub looking out the window and I saw this well dressed fella (probably 40s?) reversing his volvo into a space that was too small. When the innevitable contact happened he kept reversing, pushing the other car back to make room. Astonishing...and this was before he came into the pub?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Christ lads some people are unbeleivable! he actual walked away after practically ramming a car to make room for his own ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

I'm sure it wasnt anything important which had taken up both spaces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Okay Grimlock and Gothic Warrior cool your brakes please, if you were familair with 'c would know he likes to play the pump-action petrol head now and again! :) Don't take it tooooooooooo personally.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

I saw this well dressed fella (probably 40s?) reversing his volvo into a space that was too small. When the innevitable contact happened he kept reversing, pushing the other car back to make room.

I know the garda outside PearseSt station leave their handbrakes off when parked so that other offices can push the cars out of the way so they themselfs can park. Could it have been something like that you saw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Merrion wrote:
    ... When the innevitable contact happened he kept reversing, pushing the other car back to make room. Astonishing...and this was before he came into the pub?

I've done that. I also use the bumpers to open gates, scoot abandoned shopping trollies, move garbage cans, push other cars off the road. Course that was on a car that had good solid metal bumpers, not plastic replicas.

On occasion I feel like doing the same, against the side, to some idiots that double park behind in-out parked cars.

One night I watched my wife extracting the truck frm a parking spot, tight, but not impossible. After touching the car behind about 4 times with the bumper, I asked her if she had planned on hitting many more times?. Totally unaware she was nudging it.
    And I have had more than a few stop in traffic and come reversing back into me. Even had one stall on a garage ramp, drift back into me and held her there until they straightened themselves out. Same car with the strong bumpers, so not a major problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Well at least she was able to park! :D
    ando wrote:
    hey them last 2 pics were funny as hell. what was she thinking as her car went up and up and up on one side.. or maybe she had a puncture but no jack
    I actually dealt with a woman who did this - got the rear wheel arch stuck on a low car park wall. Reversing / turning / using jack didn't work, so I told her call the AA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

I was in paris, got home late last night and every single person there. and by that i mean EVER SINGLE BLOODY DRIVER does not give a rats about their cars, they bang and scrape and bump off everything from other cars to bollards and posts etc.. Almost every car has bumps and dents etc, exception being very new sports cars..
    Yes, I have observed the same while on holiday in Nice.
    Perhaps it is because the French pay considerably less for their new cars than we do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭BrianD3

My attitude to "touch parking" - if I can't get into a space without hitting another car then that space is not big enough for the car so I'll go and find another space that is big enough.

Don't really have a big problem with others bumping their way into and out of parking spaces *provided* that it's done at very low speed and is just harmless bumper to bumper contact, not bumper to door etc.

What I *do* have a major problem with is
    a) touch parking by cars fitted with bullbars/towbars
    b) touch parking by vans, trucks, jeeps with high bumpers which will override the bumpers of a normal car and will instead hit and damage the grille, lights bonnet etc.

Naively, I used to think that drivers of these vehicles took extra care when parking as surely they must be aware of the increased risk of damaging other vehicles? Wrong. I myself do take extra care when parking the pickup, but most don't.

If I see someone bumping off my car in their bullbarred jeep they are going to incur my wrath and could end up with a face like a wheelbrace if they refuse to take responsibility for the damage they cause

Problem is you rarely catch these c*nts as they usually do a runner when they cause damage as they don't have the decency to take responsibility for their actions. If you hit a car and damage it, then you should pay for it. However most people are dishonest bastards with no respect for anyone else's property and will just take off if they can. One thing I do when I'm walking around and see people parking is keep an eye on what they're doing. If I see them damage a car and take off I'll take a note of their number plate and leave it under the wiper of the car they damaged, so the owner at least has some chance of pursuing them if they wish.

BrianD3

Advertisement