Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-Establishment Songs

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Fear Factory - Scapegoat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Hotpress did a list of the top 50 Anti-Establishment Songs a while ago.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

No offense, but, HAHJAHAHAHAHAHAHShASHAWhdhashSadhsahASHdashAHaHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Fear Factory - Cyberwaste
    RATM - Revolver/Freedom
    NWA - Fock Tha Police! (DLed a great cover of that by RATM live in Philly tonight)
    Sex Pistols - Anarchy In The UK
    Soundgarden - Rusty Cage (get Cash's cover version too)
    Black Flag - Rise Above
    Arch Enemy - We Will Rise

Rage Against The Machine were a voice for Anti-Establishment America when they weren't needed. The Republicans come into power and where's Rage when they're needed most? It's a shame. SOAD should leave the frat boy **** behind (eg Shimmy, Jet Pilot, Cigaro) and take things up where Rage left up lyrically. System have the drive, the power, the voice, and what I've heard of the new album is riddled with double-bass. Should be good...

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Cousin it

Body Count - Cop Killer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 D'associashun

Hotpress did a list of the top 50 Anti-Establishment Songs a while ago
    Sure what could be more anti-establishment than Hot Press? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Oh piss off, and don't rolly eye me!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭irokie

Metallica - ...And Justice For All.
    and the rest of the album too.
    i also like Green Day's American Idiot

also, hotpress annoys the piss out of me... it's so ****ing condescending and very much convinced that it's the coolest thing around... it's not that good, the writing's mediocre with a love of hyperbole and a tendency to blow U2 every chance they get. the bands they interview are... meh. and they follow every single band-wagon they can.
    if you're looking to hotpress for anything interestingly musical, you're going to have to set it on fire and listen to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

Colony by Damien Dempsey

Advertisement