Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iron Maiden and Marilyn Manson for RDS....

• 23-02-2005 5:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭

***From Hotpress.com***

It's double-whammy for metal fans this August - Iron Maiden and Marilyn Manson play Dublin's R.D.S Arena

Metal stalwarts Iron Maiden have announced a Dublin date for the end of August, with the support act no less than the antichrist superstar, Marilyn Manson.

Fresh from releasing their double DVD The Early Days, Maiden will play the R.D.S. Arena on 31 August. This is the first time they play Ireland since 2003’s Dance of Death world tour.

Says frontman Bruce Dickinson: “We've always put everything, physically and mentally, into our stage shows and this will be no exception. It’s going to be a lot of fun.”

On tow will be controversial goths Marilyn Manson, who will inevitably infuriate traditional religious groups with their satanic tendencies: stage antics in the past include smoking human bones and sex acts.

The concert will be the first time they play a full-length set in Ireland after a number of false starts in previous years, though the mainman did appear on stage with Bono and Iggy Pop at Hot Press HQ following the 1999 MTV Awards in Dublin.

Tickets for the metalfest, costing €65 and €70, will go on sale at 9am on Saturday 26 February from Ticketmaster and all usual outlets.

The Hot Press Newsdesk

Comments

Well thats certainly controversial!!! :o Manson Supporting Maiden.... What a weird and wonderful world...

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ohandels

Excellent news, glad to hear it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Mikros

That sounds interesting. I wonder how much tickets will be for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

You'd think it would be the other way around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Woulda made a great Slane, still great news

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Blisterman wrote:
    You'd think it would be the other way around.

what????????????

MAIDEN YEAH!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I prefer them, but i would have though MM would be more popular.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

not a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

ROCK ON! I'll see both bands earlier in the summer aswell, at either Rock Am Ring, or if I can't get to that, then Donnington

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

yeah but its quite a rip off €65-€70...which will be more like 70-75 after ticketbastid rip ya off.
    not worth the money at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Sigh, what a rip off, especially when there's a **** support act. I'd love to go but I don't have that kind of money...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Excellent news, Ive been waiting to finally see Manson for sooo long and now I can. Really crap hes supporting Iron Maiden, who cares mansons playing dublin.

wha whoooooo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I, for one, am hoping the bloody religious nuts of this country get involved and get Manson banned - no way in hell should he be on the same bill as Maiden :(

Ph3n0m wrote:
    I, for one, am hoping the bloody religious nuts of this country get involved and get Manson banned - no way in hell should he be on the same bill as Maiden

I just don't understand people like you. Fortunately for me I like both bands, lots of people going will, then lots of people just like Manson and want to see them. Wishing the church on them is just sick.

It's not like you're going to have to sit through girls aloud, why not go have a few pints before maiden or relax for a bit? Marilyn Manson won't be the worst background music you're going to have to endure.

Grow up a little.

Anyway you brought up a good point, what do people reckon the odds are of the born-agains ruining this day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I just don't understand people like you. Fortunately for me I like both bands, lots of people going will, then lots of people just like Manson and want to see them. Wishing the church on them is just sick.

It's not like you're going to have to sit through girls aloud, why not go have a few pints before maiden or relax for a bit? Marilyn Manson won't be the worst background music you're going to have to endure.

Grow up a little.

Anyway you brought up a good point, what do people reckon the odds are of the born-agains ruining this day?

No, wishing the church on anyone is just funny :) Incidentlly I will have to sit through Girls Aloud as I have to bring my daughter to see them :p

And trust me, having listened to music for years and years and years, Manson is one of the worst background music I will have to endure, if I decide to go to Maiden

Just hope the other support acts they will announce will justify such a high ticket price tag

As for born agains ruining the day - I doubt it - as they will have to pay to get in, i.e. profit for promoters, Maiden and Manson - the only people to suffer if born agains invade will be the fans

nah i doubt any will go in but i mean getting manson banned from playing, who was it last time, parents association my memory's telling me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

it's about time, i dont mind manson, there could be a better support act but i dont mind as long as maiden are there.

14 year old maiden fan who's probably gonna get killed in the pit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

Again Ireland gets ripped with an over-hyped metal gig, Iron Maiden are nothing more than a joke and Manson( me being a former fanatic) has sold out so bad in the last few years that what reputation he could have had is now ruined, MM ain't nowt but a poor mans NIN. I aint going to even bother coming up with a comment on Maiden, Bruce says it all.

And yes this gig is a f*cking rip off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

scarfacemj wrote:
    Manson( me being a former fanatic) has sold out so bad in the last few years
    I dont understand how you could come to the conclusion that Manson has sold out in the last few years. He's pretty much stopped his battering of the christian church, basically because that whole thing has basically run out of steam. I remember after HolyWood thinking where he was gonna go artistically next.

The Golden Age of Grotesque was very different and laid back to his past ventures, but I definitely wouldn't go as far as saying SOLD OUT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭savemejebus

scarfacemj wrote:
    Iron Maiden are nothing more than a joke

Such blasphemy, forgive this misguided soul god, he knows not what he's blathering on about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Maiden were great last year in the point. Met the Bruce too, so all good :)

Manson might be interesting, but I'm not a fan. Tickets not up on ticketmaster yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭savemejebus

nope, 9am on sat morning, will have to annex the computer and phone line for that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

You'll take my life but I'll take yours too
    You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
    So when you're waiting for the next attack
    You'd better stand there's no turning back.

ooooh yeaaaaaaaaah .....

/me headbangs

\m/ :D \m/

I'm there already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

i dont know if i'll be waking up early on saturday morning to book a ticket online, but yeah
    i'll probably be going, the tickets are steep, but i can afford it with a little saving of funds.
    its better to have this gig than no ozzfest type gig here in ireland at all, and although im not a huge fan of maiden or manson, i'd still enjoy them

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭LazStanaridis

Is this an all-dayer or just an evening gig?

Might go if I saw what other bands (if any) were playing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Buck Owens

Well acrroding to the ad in tonight's herald it's Maiden, Manson + " Special Guest" But I would'nt raise your hopes to high. Say it will be some crappy Kiddie metal band.

It's steep but I'd say Tickets won't sell out to quick, so no rush to get one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

He sold out! How can you say he didn't? How many cheap pop covers did he release? Too many. Twiggy was the real brains behind the music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Orionsknight

WOOOH Maiden back in ireland, cant wait, :D

Not a big fan of mansons, but I am willing to bear him to see MAIDEN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭morbo

I know this is a stupid thing to say, and it has cause allot of people to get very annoyed with me in the past but... Iron Maiden... I just don't like them. I can't take to them. Is this a common problem? Everyone I know loves them. I leave the room when people start playing them. I know I should like them but, I just can't get into them. I could watch Bruce talk about planes on Discovery all day if I had to, but not the music. I have the same problem with Mega Death. As for Manson, the lack of Trent Reznor on his newer stuff has made me stop listening. I can’t listen to that damn 12/8 beat anymore. On a plus note I have seen all three bands I just mentioned live in the past and did enjoy myself. But then again I'd probably find a way to enjoy myself at a Girls Aloud or McFly concert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I'm going..got my ticket.

I love Maiden and MM.

Ages ago, it was announced that Static X would be supporting Maiden on their 'Eddie Rips up the World' tour. Since then, Static X's guitarist has been arrested on charges of child molestation, no less, and is awaiting trial. So Aiken have changed '..and Static X' to 'plus special guests'. Just have to wait until it's announced...

Does anyone know how strict the RDS is? Only that stupid 'under 18s must be accompanied by an adult 21+' rule is on the tickets..and I'm 16...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

Does anyone know how strict the RDS is? Only that stupid 'under 18s must be accompanied by an adult 21+' rule is on the tickets..and I'm 16...

its been 3 years since i last went to the rds for a metal concert, o they might've changed the rules but, when i was there everybody got in regardless of age(well minimum 14/15 i think) but you were sorted into 2 queues, 1 with the 18+ and 21+guardian groups, and one for everybody else, the second one was ALOT longer and was a major hassle. i was 17 at the time, but my group(all under 18's) found some older guys to 'act' as our guardians so we could get into the faster queue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

herobear wrote:
    its been 3 years since i last went to the rds for a metal concert, o they might've changed the rules but, when i was there everybody got in regardless of age(well minimum 14/15 i think) but you were sorted into 2 queues, 1 with the 18+ and 21+guardian groups, and one for everybody else, the second one was ALOT longer and was a major hassle. i was 17 at the time, but my group(all under 18's) found some older guys to 'act' as our guardians so we could get into the faster queue

Thanks. Yep, that's our plan...find 'guardians'. I'm sure people will...been in the same situation before themselves and whatev...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

i'v been hearing that dragonforce are gonna be supportin...

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭monkeyman

scarfacemj wrote:
    Manson( me being a former fanatic) has sold out so bad in the last few years QUOTE]

Who gives a crap if a band sells out. If the music is still good, then so what. If ya don't like it, don't listen to it.

Its nearly as bad as those ringing in to complain about sex and cursing on TV. They actually go out of their way to find programmes with this in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Mohanned

I heard and I got a job there :D :cool:
    I can get 2 backstage with me if anyone intrested PM and add me to your friends :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

Lemming wrote:

\m/ :D \m/

I'm there already

maybe i'm just easily amused but i nearly wet myself :D

nice work!

Advertisement