Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice

Options
  • 27-06-2001 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

In light of the recent NO vote on the Nice treaty we thought you might find this one amusing.

The European Union commissioners have announced that agreement has been reached to adopt English as the preferred language for European communications, rather than German, which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, Her Majesty's Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a five year phased plan for what will be known as EuroEnglish (Euro for short).

In the first year, 's' will be used instead of the soft 'c'. Sertainly, sivil servants will resieve this news with joy. Also, the hard 'c' will be replaced with 'k.' Not only will this klear up konfusion, but typewriters kan have one less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome 'ph' will be replaced by 'f'. This will make words like 'fotograf' 20 per sent shorter.

In the third year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of silent 'e's in the languag is disgrasful, and they would go.

By the fourth year, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing 'th' by 'z' and 'w' by 'v'. During ze fifz year, ze unesesary 'o' kan be dropd from vords kontaining 'ou', and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters. After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli
    sensibl riten styl. Zer vil b no mor trubls or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech ozer. Ze drem vil finali kum tru....

arrrrRRROOOOOOOOOOoooo...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Makes perfect sense to me but then again I speak german

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

At least he doesn't spam. tongue.gif

Thanks Wolf. smile.gif

Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭TheWolf

sorry wwman, didn't see it anywhere here in boards, anyway, didn't you say, and i quote
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteWashMan:
    yes, and you are so wonderful i read all your posts because i need to read every word you write. in fact i took your bubba joke, changed the names and posted up.
    see the way at the top of the post i said it was an original.
    anyway, since when did jokes become the domain of copyright?
    prat
    </font>

ah well, il know better next time... biggrin.gif

arrrrRRROOOOOOOOOOoooo...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

oh god, this has only been posted up about 50 times in the last couple of months.
    do you not read the boards at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Oh yeah

Guten stuffenheibenveratung.

Wowo.

Life is like a pyrotechnics display. You've got to stand back and let it happen, othwerwise you're are sincerely bollocked....

thegreensock.com

Can you feel the love?

• Advertisement
Advertisement