Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Percentage income on mortgage?

Options
  • 23-02-2005 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

I'm curious, Is it possible to live relatively comfortably with 50% of an income of €3,000 per month going on mortgage repayments?
    And how much extra would I be likely to take in if I rented out my second bedroom in an apartment?
    What % of your income goes on mortgage?
    Whats the recomended amount?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

that depends on what you spend and what your existing loans/repayments/outgoings are!!!! you're basically asking how long is a piece of string!!??!!??
    the banks will generally only like you having 40% ish repayments....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

you can live well i think on 3000 grand i think a month. is the 3000 ur b4 or after tax income though?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'm curious, Is it possible to live relatively comfortably with 50% of an income of €3,000 per month going on mortgage repayments?
    And how much extra would I be likely to take in if I rented out my second bedroom in an apartment?
    What % of your income goes on mortgage?
    Whats the recomended amount?
    Thanks
    Look @ daft.ie, to see how much someone in your area would have to pay per week, sharing a house. Depending on where you live, it'd be €75 - €120, which would work out to be 300 - 480 a month.
    Now, 50% of €3000 would be €1500, and minus €480 or so from that, and you get €1000 a month, which would leave you with about €2000 a month, which should enable you "to live comfortably".

Advertisement