Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Vitamins do you take?

• 23-02-2005 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

And which are the best?
    I'm fairly healthy just get the odd mouth ulcer.
    Was using pharmaton, but have moved onto lycenne and some bullets called 'super 1'...and knock it back with some cod liver oil.
    How healthy is that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

How healthy is that?

couldnt possibly tell you unless you described your diet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I used to take centrum and stuff like that but this year, I've decided not to bother anymore but have started eating lots more fruit and veg and healthier food in general - first year I haven't had a bad cold either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭daosulli

Does anyone know/recommend which would be best to take, Berocca , centrium Multibiontai ( sorry about spelling ) or something else???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Can't recommend something that would work for you, because I know nothing about you, but I can tell you what worked for me...

From January - March 04 I was working as a project manager for a company in London, and the job was busy. REALLY busy. I started work at about 10.30am, worked through lunch, worked through dinner, left work at 11pm to get the last train home, got home, logged on, worked up to around 5am, got about three hours sleep, logged in again at 8am, worked till 9am, showered, dressed, left the house, back to the office for 10.30am. Saturdays I worked at home doing admin catch-up on the project from about 8.30am till about 6pm, then Sundays I'd do about five or six hours of admin.

Over this time, I made an unholy mess of my digestive system by not eating. I subsisted mainly on large skinny Lattes and bottles of Lucozade. The work was pretty stressful, and I didn't have much of an appetite, and as it went on, I avoided solid food more and more because it made me feel ill.

By the end of February I'd lost 1.5 stone, my perspective on reality and the ability to go 24 hours without taking Rennies, Deflatine or Gaviscon.

I finally managed to kick the stupid project into some shape and started a 30-day course of Multibionta vitamins - the ones that are designed to get your guts back into working order - and I have to say I thought they were fantastic - but then again, that could be because I was in such a mess that the difference they made was very dramatic, and therefore very noticeable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Those are insane hours. No wonder you got sick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,003 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Magnesium
    Zinc
    B-vitamins when I'm stressed, but I'm careful not to overdo these as they give me the munchies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Pinkchick03

I take supradyn and they are very good!

I also take neways stuff called "Noni Juice" - which is my saviour!

Advertisement