Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft > Logitech MX?

Options
  • 23-02-2005 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

hey, I have this question, all the games that I've met use microsoft explorer mice, I have never used ms mice, only logitech mx, I was wondering are ms mice better? I mean they cost the same as mx, why do people do with ms?

what mouse do you game with?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Its really depends on what you feed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

mice are in my opinion are hard to suggest to someone.

it's like saying you'll like these shoes they'll fit you perfectly.

i, myself prefer mircosoft mice as they were one of the first i bought (explorer 1) and i've stuck with them and now have (explorer 1.1SE, 3, 4).

if i had to pick the best one out of them i would say the explorer 3 it's bigger than the 1.1SE but it fits you're hand like a glove.

in second place would be the 1.1SE. It's slim and fits like a glove again, but having two buttons on either side takes a bit getting use to.

in third place would be the 4.0. although it fits like a glove i never mastered the tilt wheel on this other than that it's a good mouse.

i've never used a logitech mouse before so i can't comment on them.

but i don't believe anyone can tell you what is the best mouse as it is totally user-preference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Id stick with the Logitech MX700 if I were you.

I have the tilt wheel Intellimouse Wireless Explorer and while its fine for the most part, it has a very cheap feel to it and the middle mouse button is a pain to depress.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

If you're going to get a wireless one, get the MX1000 instead of the MX700. The MX700's batteries will run out much quicker, plus it just seemed laggier to me. The MX510 is meant to be the best Logitech mouse for gaming. The MS ones are alright, but I personally never really liked them that much, but it's really up to preference. Go to PC world and get a feel for them all, the shapes are the biggest difference.

Although, I have to say, Razer Diamondback > all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Yupp, the diamondback or boomslang mice would be better, expensive though. I've used a mx 510 and 500 and never spotted the difference. So either is worth getting for gaming. I like the ms mice, they just don't seem as nice for games-but that's really just personal preference.

Another thing worth looking at is the mouse pad you use, something like a func or an icemat will make a difference.

koneko, do pc world have the diamondback?

i'd like to get "to grips" with it and see what it's like

No, they don't actually :(
    They have everything else pretty much, like the whole range of Logitech and Microsoft ones.

I'm not aware of any stores (as in, walk in and buy) in Ireland that have it. If I end up going to Gamecon you can try mine there if you want. It's an odd shape, definitely wouldn't suit everyone (and it's very sensitive), but I think it's great.

won't be at gamecon myself, leaving cert year and all that but i did have a boomslang2000 a while back and razer and known for their odd shapes. I'd probably hate it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Iv had the mx510 the mx1000 and currently have the diamondback, the mx510 is great for gaming with a func mousemat, The mx100 is complete $hite for gaming " stay well away from it ! " boomslang diamondback is the best mouse i have used so far..

CC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

There is alot of people that have the logitech MX510 including myself and my friends. I have not one bad word to say about as a gaming mouse its excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Cremo wrote:
    won't be at gamecon myself, leaving cert year and all that but i did have a boomslang2000 a while back and razer and known for their odd shapes. I'd probably hate it myself
    It's not shaped like the other razer mice from what i've seen. But others were definitely oddly shaped, you either loved them or hated them.

Cremo wrote:

It's a bit flatter than some of those other mice. The MX500/510 isn't too big, but it's chunkier. The MX1000 is really big. The shape is more like the Microsoft mice, but it's a bit longer. It's not as odd as their other (older) mice, but it's a lil bit different.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

almost forgot about this....the fooker was acting up on me so i show'd it who's boss...

pwned

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

Pwnage Combatcow, absolute Pwnage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 t.R.I.P.p

You know, it's all depends on you and what do you do. It's all depends on this. As for me i use mx510+steelpad. i get used to it and can't imaging anything else sleeping in silence on my desk. Lot's of people use MS. They like it. I like mine. And you have to choose what do you like.

Advertisement