Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant receive or make calls ?

Options
  • 23-02-2005 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

when i make calls i get this weird engage signal and same happens when i ring my phone, i just put my sim in some other phone and it works !
    i tried checking divert calls, and cancelled all diversions but it couldnt send requests and it cant send texts either !
    wtf ?>

its a 6610/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

is it a new phone or did u buy it second hand? sounds like the phone is blocked

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

its not new but ive been using it for months, how can it be blocked out of the blue.

I agree with orla, certainly sounds like its barred, probably for being lost/stolen or claimed on an insurance claim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Hypothetical answer. The person who originally owned the phone was cleaning the house and found the box the phone came in with the IMEI on the side of it and then reported it stolen and got it blocked.

well i robbed it off my dad, who found it in saudi arabia !!!
    its got saudi digits on it.
    weird.

but must be it.

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Bill_N

A friend of mine had the same problem with a phone he bought off eBay.

It worked fine for a few weeks, then he couldn't make calls on it -the phone would beep three times every time he tried to make a call, then hang up.

then what happened ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Bill_N

He tried to contact the guy he bought it off - emailed him and tried to phone him, but the phone number he had on his eBay account was fake.

He contacted eBay, but they did nothing about it, so now he's left with a useless phone gathering dust.

Advertisement