Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does anybody remember????

• 23-02-2005 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Maybe this is the wrong place to post this??

Does anybody remember a cartoon that used to be on yonks ago (easily 12/13years back) about these creatures that lived on an island n these villans would come in their big dirty ship n pollute the place n they'd clean up after them? i remember the ship was yellow and there was a witch type woman n some fat guy who were the baddies..... thats all i can remember... :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

stoopidkid wrote:
    Maybe this is the wrong place to post this??

Does anybody remember a cartoon that used to be on yonks ago (easily 12/13years back) about these creatures that lived on an island n these villans would come in their big dirty ship n pollute the place n they'd clean up after them? i remember the ship was yellow and there was a witch type woman n some fat guy who were the baddies..... thats all i can remember... :confused:
    Captain Planet.... he's our hero... he's going take pollution down to zero!!!

Don't think it's that but it's the only polution type cartoon I remember... and i think they had a yellow ship...

heart.... wind... water... earth... fire

I'm so cool! :cool:

Dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭accensi0n

was it called the smoggies or something like that.

I know exactly what cartoon your talking about but not sure about the name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭accensi0n

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yeah. That's definitely the Smoggies.

There were a bunch of enviromental cartoons that came out around the same time.

Widget the World Watcher was the only one that was any good..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

yeah it was the smoggies - the bloddy song is starting to come back to me!! I think the good guys were called sunshine tots(?) and the song went something like "sunshine sunshine earth and wind and sea" the smoggies sang one verse "smoggies smoggies something something something" and then the good guys sang their bit...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

What was the name of the big stupid guy with the bird on his shoulder?? Guy i know looks just like im

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

The suntots and the smoggies ..... Thats the only part of the song i remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

jesus, its all flooding back. the suntots...the sewage coming from the pipes on the side of the boat.anyone have any idea when this was aired?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

more then 13yrs ago id say i too remember this cartoon, but very vagauly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

haha yeah i remmeber this :D

nice cartoon.. good fun

• Advertisement

smoggies info

and from the big cartoon database we can see it was first aired in 1991, 14 years ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

nah not 13 years......well that wud of made me about 9...... ye maybe ... but wow 13 years....

thanks now i feel old!!!!!!!!!

ps(sorry about the ...'s)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

sorry 14

its hard to relate 1991 to 14 years ago, but there ya go!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

The smoggies, I so remember that show, I wonder does ray darcy remember introducing it or maybe it was ian dempsey. Remember it had a weird intro song, that sorta stuck in your head, glad I cant remember it now!

Advertisement