Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia security settings

Options
  • 23-02-2005 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can help out with this.

I've got a nokia 3510i and i've been trying to change my network. I'm with meteor at the moment and i have an o2 sim card as well. I've unlocked the restriction to meteor wihout any problems but when i inserted the new sim, after the pin code request, it asks for a security code. The default for this is 12345 apparently but this doesn't seem to work on my phone. (I've never changed it in the past).
    When the meteor sim is in, it doesn't request the security code and the phone works fine. When i go into settings to change the security code though, again i get an error message. :confused:
    (think thats everything!).

Is there a way of resetting the security code without losing everything on my phone or finding out what the security code actually is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

i have hardwear and cables that can re-set it to 12345

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ! dwarfchucka

Deadly! Any chance of the following...

1. you're in Dublin :)
    2. you don't charge :D
    3. we could meet up. :cool:

waiting anxiously!!!

Deadly! Any chance of the following...

1. you're in Dublin :)
    2. you don't charge :D
    3. we could meet up. :cool:

waiting anxiously!!!

1. Yes
    2. Ha ha ha
    3. Are you female ?, but if not, ok, I'm desperate. :D

lol ;)

1. Yes
    2. Ha ha ha
    3. Are you female ?, but if not, ok, I'm desperate. :D

lol ;)

1. Great!! :)
    2. Ah...Bugger. :eek: How much???
    3. No.
    It doesn't matter how bleedin desperate you are-the pants stay on!!! :D

1. Great!! :)
    2. Ah...Bugger. :eek: How much???
    3. No.
    It doesn't matter how bleedin desperate you are-the pants stay on!!! :D

:D

1. No worries ;)
    2. €20
    3. Ok (But I'm not wearing pants) :eek:

lol

pm me your details :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Those security settings are a pain.. i set one, forgot it and spent weeks entering random possible codes till i get it.. by random i mean ones i might have used in random order.. otherwise it would be impossible... i got it though :D

I'm certain i never changed my security code. Like you though, i've tried every combination of number that i might have used if i had decided to change it one drunken night(highly unlikely though). Nothing seems to work and its really annoying. I only got the phone 6 months ago and meteor are no help and neither is nokia. :mad: Feeling slightly ripped off !!!

Advertisement