Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182!!!!!

Options
  • 23-02-2005 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

did they really break up????i hope its a cruel rumor.... :(

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Apparently so.

Shame, they were so inspirational.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭L.W

Robbo wrote:
    Apparently so.

Shame, they were so inspirational.

pah!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

must admit. I did have a liking for some of their stuff. Comfort music. Always put you in good humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

The statement has been taken off their website. Perhaps they had a change of heart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

their old albums (esp. buddah) were better than the new albums, but that's not saying the new was crap.

they've have gone on hiatus ( www.blink182.com )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Cremo wrote:
    their old albums (esp. buddah) were better than the new albums, but that's not saying the new was crap.

they've have gone on hiatus ( www.blink182.com )
    Well it is gone from the site.

And Buddah wasn't even really an album. It's not even called Buddah. I know liking the older, more obscure albums has a certain appeal. I tend to like them myself. But it's a bit much to rate Buddah over Chesire Cat. Most (some) of the songs are the same on them, and the quality of the singing and music is far higher on Chesire Cat. My favourite album would be that or Dude Ranch. Like them all though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,930 ✭✭✭✭Basq

UPDATE:

Apparently, they're not technically splitting up, but they are going on a break.. the whole indefinitive hiatus statement was taking completely out of context. Think that's why it's now off the website.

Listen to Travis talk about it on US Radio earlier today [URL=mms://kroq.wmod.llnwd.net/a168/o1/kbaudio/TravisBarker.asf]here[/URL] (Need Windows Media Player to stream it)

Also here is an MTV News Story on Travis's statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i really like his attitude in that interview, for example "i look for the positives"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,930 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cremo wrote:
    i really like his attitude in that interview, for example "i look for the positives"
    They couldn't get a straight answer out of him about the future for the band though really.. everything was referenced back to a new Transplants album. :D

Still, he should promote the band all he can.

An amazing drummer.. no matter what band he's in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

i looove(d) them so much

Advertisement