Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid 3

Options
  • 23-02-2005 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what are the views on this game and what is it going to be like since its out next week? im not really sure if im going to buy it yet, i have the money but i might put it towards something else if the game sucks! im sure it dosn't tho and i loved the 2nd one! will it be as good and will there be those long cut scences again like the 2nd one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Got the import a bit back. Its very good. Much less in the way of endless conversations and cutscenes. And the few scenes there are usually contain some really well done fighting or action. It allows for some deviation from the game path (some) and its really a return to form.

Same stupid stuff is still there, its still WAY easier to just gun down ppl when you're spotted than actually try to evade...and its more appealing as they bumped the AI big time, no more cones of vision. If you're within a direct line of sight and not efficiently camo'ed, they'll spot you and call in for some hefty backup, and at the beginning, thats pretty much game over, as the only weapon you have is a knife and a dart gun.

Story is genuinely good, apart from an ending which had the usual moral message.
    Different in so far as the jungle makes for quite a different way to play, but its definetly worth a buy. 20 hours or so first play tru, thats pretty decent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

bugs wrote:
    no more cones of vision.
    BOOOOOooooo.....
    Vision cones rocked.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Getting my PAL version around Monday (forgot this, neo contra and suikoden 4 where out so soon, damn the excellence of Tales of Symphonia!). I'll tell if there are any good extras, whats on the dvd, 60Hz mode or more likely a decent PAL conversion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

I'm playing it a third time if that means anything to you. I've said it many times and I'll say it again, it's a must have for any PS2. I can't find anything wrong with it. I just hate the long talks when you want to save, that's about it. So I hope I helped you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Trip Hazard

I just pre-booked my copy the other day and frankly i cant wait for this game. i downloaded most of the trailers, the camo thing is a very good feature. but heres my theory of the story, Naked Snake as your character is called is in fact Big Boss, to back that up, in one of the trailers he's fighting "the Boss" who was his mentor and its a female. she kicks the crap out of him and cuts out his eye, or does something to his eye, next we see him he has an eye patch hence Big Boss. No doubt the Solid Snake that we know will be in it but dont know how yet. Grey Fox/Frankie jeaguar/Deepthroat will make an appearence, cant wait to see how that goes Down.

It Could be that you start playing as Big Boss, Naked Snake, then another part of the game you play as the one we know and love as Solid Snake.

Remember these are only my theories, if any knows facts tell me but please dont give away too much of the story. I CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

I cant wait for this game. Loved the 1st and second games (I even love the excellently directed cut scenes, in fact these might be my favourite bits of the game)

Am buying a new ps2 up here in dublin so i can play it!

Have seen only 1 trailer (Very first one) and ive been holding off on spoilers and tricks and the like, as i had far too much info going into the second one RE story and tricks and stuff

Dont even know what the new metal gear looks like, or any of the charaters!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,341 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

metal gear solid ape escape its kind of cool mini game on it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

SantaHoe wrote:
    BOOOOOooooo.....
    Vision cones rocked.

I second this. The vision cones is what made the MGS game play so distinctive. I didn't really like the second one, but the first was incredible. Even those ****ty extra VR missions I loved. Oh back in the day...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

...I wake up each night screaming "No radar....NO RADAR!!".
    Yeah, I pre-booked mine, can't wait to pick it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

I've pre-booked and I've been wearing a bandanna for the past week. So I guess you could say I'm looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭rabid

Was salavitating on Friday, convinced that I'd be getting the Dart home with my copy of OPS2 magazine and the demo for MGS3 but alas it did'nt make the shelves....

And it still ain't there - WTF????

Brought back Mercenaries today and everything - just within my 10 days...so I could pre-order MGS3 for Friday....will hopefully get to play demo before end of week...

But will prolly get it for sure - the trailers and reviews speak for themselves...liked MGS2 alot...though the cutscenes etc. were too long...

Roll on Friday...

The missus'll have to watch Corrie and all that other shizzle upstairs once I get the game - need the old widescreen and surround sound!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i ordered this on amazon last july expecting it in october. my god i've been waiting for this. and the demo being lost in the time space continueum (why does that always happen with the official mag?) doesn't help.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Have the PAL version. Nothing new to note in the European version. No 60hz mode but the 50Hz mode is perfect with only the slightest hint of PAL lines.

Advertisement