Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat spraying.

Options
  • 23-02-2005 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭

There is a tom cat that insists on spraying my front door. I am getting fairly fuped of the constant smell and am strongly thinking of sending him to meet his maker. Is there anything I can put down to prevent him spraying.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Doper Than U

There are chemical sprays you can get to discourage this type of thing, but I thought it was only for female cats. Ask your local vet or good pet shop. Otherwise, get a dog. Or a water pistol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Contact cats aid if you are in the Dublin area..if not try your local spca..they will give you a humane cat trap and show you how to use it, trap the cat, tak ehim to the vets, have him neutered and return him to where you found him.

This will stop the smell, and will cut down on the spraying once his hormones have died down. Cats aid usually pay for the neutering but it's always helpful to give a donation.

This means, the cat will stick around but won't be spraying and stinking up the place, plus he won't be able to increase the kitten population..it's important to have this done soon as kitten season is here now and he could of already fathered litters and you will end up with more cats spraying.

HTH

Please trap neuter and return you would be helping a lot, cats aid and kitten adoption do all the work they can but they are only a handful of people and can only do so much, so it's up to homeowners to help them..helps everyone all round in the end. :)

Advertisement