Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom - no help

• 24-02-2005 8:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

I just moved into a new estate, and i'm exhausted ringing Eircom and they're extremely un-professional and ignorant sales staff. My situation:

New house
    5 lines in next door in site office - 15 feet from my house.
    Active Eircom box outside on my path
    According to site foreman, It would take an Eircom engineer 10 minutes to connect me.

I fully realise that it's a new property and that it may take time, But I'm ringing Eircom solid for a month, Each representative says the area probably needs wires layed etc, no understanding that the infrastructure is there already. Sales staff that have the most condesending manner, not to mention they ignore what you're saying. Then to kill the call say that they finally understand and will have a local engineer ring me within 48 hours. I had this said to me THREE TIMES in the past fortnight - Still no word from anyone. I was sent out a contract to sign in Early January - which I did, and returned and STILL NO WORD.

I'm a webdesigner and need the web; NTL are out of reach and for a supposid free marketplace, I'm stuck with Eircom and they're snail-pace business. NOT HAPPY. After all this, it probably won't be broadband enabled!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The most surprising thing is that you are surprised .

See the BB Horror Stories thread in the IoffL Board and post your story there, identifying the urban area in whcih you live. These stories are picked up in the media which results in convoys of vans appearing outta nowhere .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Sponge Bob wrote:
    The most surprising thing is that you are surprised .

See the BB Horror Stories thread in the IoffL Board and post your story there, identifying the urban area in whcih you live. These stories are picked up in the media which results in convoys of vans appearing outta nowhere .

Will do cheers

Advertisement