Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Half time incident Chelsea game? wtf?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

There was an incident in the tunnell between Jose and one of the Barca coaching staff. Apparently its in most of the Barcelona papers (according to 5Live). I've heard it descrbied as a kickinthearse, a kick, and a body check - Jose being on the receiving end.

But Chelsea have said that is not what they are complaining about. Jose saw and heard Rijkaard talking to Frisk at half time, and was incensed by it. On the way out for the second half Nick Collins of Sky Sports said he saw Jose saying to Frisk, something like "I saw what you did, you cannot get away with this, I will report it".

Rijkaard said it was nothing, he was just having a general talk with Frisk.

I've no doubt that Rijkaard was trying his best to influence Frisk, but I dont think that's a crime - though its obviously something Jose doesnt like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Mourinho already went mental about AF talking to a ref at half time irc sometime this season.

Very odd....

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Seems to be Mourinho's way of coping with loss - something underhanded happened or so the claims go.

Seems pretty similar to the argument he had against Man United a while ago. Only difference here is that AF had vast years of experience of speaking to English refs so 30 seconds of conversation would be enough to alter the game dramatically. In this case we're talking about Rijkaard whose managerial experience Mourinho belittled in the run up to the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

p.pete wrote:
    Only difference here is that AF had vast years of experience of speaking to English refs so 30 seconds of conversation would be enough to alter the game dramatically.

So what you're saying is that AF has the power to change the outcome of a game by taking to a ref for 30 seconds? Oooh....Voodooo!!!! LOL.

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

BaZmO* wrote:
    So what you're saying is that AF has the power to change the outcome of a game by taking to a ref for 30 seconds? Oooh....Voodooo!!!! LOL.

B.
    Well I think it's actually what Jose hinted at
    but of course he's always right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

AF did change the flow of that game, in the first halkf Chelsea got everything, in the second half, United got a lot more of the 50-50s.
    Hence why Mourinho was pissed off.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

There was an incident in the tunnell between Jose and one of the Barca coaching staff. Apparently its in most of the Barcelona papers (according to 5Live). I've heard it descrbied as a kickinthearse, a kick, and a body check - Jose being on the receiving end.

But Chelsea have said that is not what they are complaining about. Jose saw and heard Rijkaard talking to Frisk at half time, and was incensed by it. On the way out for the second half Nick Collins of Sky Sports said he saw Jose saying to Frisk, something like "I saw what you did, you cannot get away with this, I will report it".

Rijkaard said it was nothing, he was just having a general talk with Frisk.

I've no doubt that Rijkaard was trying his best to influence Frisk, but I dont think that's a crime - though its obviously something Jose doesnt like!

Surely by speaking to the ref he was doing the exact same as he was accusing Rijkaard of?? What on earth is the problem with a manager talking to a referee anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

A bit more info:
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/index?cc=5739
    Chelsea have confirmed that they are in the process of making a strong protest to UEFA about Frank Rijkaard's conversation with match referee Anders Frisk during their Champions League clash on Wednesday night. Although the Blues have yet to accuse the Barcelona coach of entering the Swedish official's dressing room Rijkaard was witnessed leaving Frisk's quarters and that is almost certain to be the main thrust of the Blues' imminent complaint to UEFA.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Dirty tricks by Morinho tbh. Trying to get the referee's on their side for the home leg.

Same happened with the Carling Cup semi final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Does not look like it is going to work though, there is nothing mentioned in the referees report

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/4283843.stm

Although Barca should just keep quiet and not even respond to Jose's jibes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

doesnt he have a degree in psychology or something, in my mind its more a ploy to get the players worked up for it,any extra bit of motivation can only be good against barca

ps drogba's sending off was BS

ah it wasn't a crazy decision, it was just harsh. It was a foul, it scould have beengiven for 4 fouls before that, he was eventually going to go no matter what imo.
    Either way, this is Mourinho trying to get the ref on his side for the next game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

agreed,its all just mindgames really

is a great character to have in english football theres always something to talk about with that guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

I think Fergie's comments about the Mourinho incident are just mind games too. I.E just look how sweeky clean we are (Man Utd).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

keeper made an error and Drogs went in, Dickov did that to Cech, though he hit him in chest and didn't even get a booking. Thank god the arse kicking is BS you can imagine Mourinho 3 hrs later, in the words of Len Brennan "He did kick me up the arse"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/4283843.stm

Mourinho reveals Barcelona gripe

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho
    Barcelona 2-1 Chelsea
    Chelsea receive Robben boost
    Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho claims he saw Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard enter referee Anders Frisk's dressing room during half-time at the Nou Camp.

Mourinho refused to speak after his side's 2-1 defeat in the Champions League first-leg encounter.

But the Blues boss told Portuguese newspaper Dez Record: "When I saw Rijkaard entering the referee's dressing room I couldn't believe it.

"When Didier Drogba was sent off (after half-time) I wasn't surprised."

Mourinho has also claimed that Pierluigi Collina is likely to referee the second leg.

"There is something that tells me that in London the referee will be Collina, the best in the world," said Mourinho.

"A perfect referee with personality and quality."

But Uefa spokesman William Gaillard told the Sunday Telegraph: "We have made no decision at all on this."

Gaillard also confirmed that Uefa has asked Chelsea to explain why Mourinho and his players refused to speak to the press after the game and why they were late in appearing for the second half.

"One is a violation of the competition, the other of the rules of the game," he said.

"They will be dealt with by our control and disciplinary body, probably resulting in a fine depending on the evidence we receive."

Barcelona assistant coach Henk Ten Cate has branded Chelsea's threatened complaint to Uefa as "pathetic".

"To react the way Chelsea have is pathetic. Mourinho lied with the line-ups, and now this," Ten Cate said.

Rijkaard was critical of Mourinho's decision not to speak to the media after the match.

"There was a lot of talking before the game and now surprisingly there is a lot of talking after the game. It is not good behaviour after a match," he said.

"Maybe they want to start something and make it worse than than it is. I really don't understand it. I am calm about it.

ehh ok then.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

KdjaC wrote:
    "There was a lot of talking before the game and now surprisingly there is a lot of talking after the game.

LOL I am looking forward to the replay there could be some Fireworks. I'd say Collina will be given the game given all that has happened to date.

I dont know what to make of Murinho. This is the second time he has made claims about managers influencing Refs at half time[the other being fergie]. I'm not sure if he is being serious or just playing mind games. If he's not playing mind games he's about to crack, all we need now is for him to say "I would love it, love it if we beat barcelona".

Well hopefully Utd beat someone next week and reduce gap to 3 points for 24 hours at least. Be a nice run in then.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

The Muppet wrote:
    I'd say cudichin will be given teh game given all that has happened to date.

Have you mixed up Chelsea's second choice keeper with the world class referee Pierlugi Colina ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Big Ears wrote:
    Have you mixed up Chelsea's second choice keeper with the world class referee Pierlugi Colina ?

Just testing to see who's awake this morning. Full marks to Big Ears :o

Thanks

KdjaC wrote:
    Well hopefully Utd beat someone next week and reduce gap to 3 points for 24 hours at least. Be a nice run in then.

kdjac

We're away to Crystal Palace so hopefully we will close the Gap to 3 . Chelsea will still have 2 games in hand but it could just put a bit of extra pressure on them. They are still favourites to win it but United are really piling on the pressure now it's not the forgone conclusion it appeared a short while ago.

• Advertisement

and Fergie has never said bad words about refs? I remember a few years ago it was a 0-0 at SB and Fergie accused the ref of being biased.

biased is different to what Mourinho is doing.

Mourinho is saying the following:

He saw them go into the room together
    I'm not suprised that Drogba got sent off

He is saying that they talked and decided that Chelsea needed to lose a player, and then get sent off.
    Its essentailly saying he convinced the ref to be a 12th man, which is just bull**** considering that Drogba deserved to go, if not for that tackle, for others.

Its just mind games

Its the assistant that saw him go in not Mourinho, somebodys telling porkies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

IMO Frisk had a verybad day. Some of the decisions were awful. i.e. not booking Deco and Drogba's sending off (which changed the match)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

PHB wrote:
    He just changed his story :)

true
    lol :D

Advertisement