Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simplest way to add search funtionality to a site?

Options
  • 24-02-2005 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

I have a very simple site and I want to add search functionality to it. The site is simply html pages and one cgi script for submitting forms.

Anyone help me out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

http://www.scriptarchive.com/search.html - something like this - use cgi to perform your search - unless your Host supports PHP or ASP then we can recommend 100s

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

bigpoppa wrote:
    I have a very simple site and I want to add search functionality to it. The site is simply html pages and one cgi script for submitting forms.

Anyone help me out?
    If your host supports ASP, try this out...

http://www.webwizguide.com/asp/sample_scripts/site_search_script.asp

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Um, wouldn't Google Free be the simplest way to add search functionality to a site? And if the user wants something local, surely ht://Dig is one of the better and more stable search engines?

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭P&L

dahamsta wrote:
    Um, wouldn't Google Free be the simplest way to add search functionality to a site....

have to agree, easier to set up; but a better search engine over all than any of the third party ones.

I have given up using on-site search boxes, and use Google site searches instead, you just get better and more relevant results every time.

Which is sad because I worry about Google more than Microsoft these days...

Advertisement