Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skip Hire - How much

Options
  • 24-02-2005 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

Anyone know how much is it to hire a mini or midi skip in Dublin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭pollyantic

Best i've got so far is

€145 mini skip for 3 days with A1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I think the prices are pretty stable now. That looks like an ok price to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Rather than open a new thread I was wondering if anyone had recent more prices and recommended companies. I supect I might need the biggest size.

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

This is from May of this year:
    http://www.unison.ie/irish_independent/stories.php3?ca=9&si=429372&issue_id=4441

Extract:
    Skip hire rates forced up by landfill rules

IF YOU'RE thinking of hiring a skip for a spring-clean, you'd better do it fast. Skip hire charges have jumped by more than 40 per cent in the past few months and are likely to continue their ascent.

Before Christmas, you could get a small (mini) skip delivered to your house for about £55 or a medium one for £70. Now you won't get any skip for less than £75.

The mini skip costs £75 and the midi £100, while the standard builder's skip has jumped from £110 to £150. The large roll-on skip has increased by £130 since December, from £320 to £450. Skip hire companies blame the increases on higher tipping charges in landfill sites and tighter environmental controls on waste disposal.

**edit** Searched again and found this:
    http://www.a1waste.ie/chooseskip.asp

'From' 135 for a mini to 'from' 260 for the standard one to a whopping 'from' 540 for the big one. crikey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

A standard size skip is €290. you'd be doing very very well to get it for less than €270 in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Mini 180 (small crappy one s barely fit a bike in)
    Normal 290 (normal flatish ones still tiny)
    Large 530 (ones you see in jobs large with closable doors)
    Roll on 1050 (the ones that are rolled onto big trucks)

You could get someone loal to dispose of things cheaper, and depending where you live the council/corpo may do it for you.

Stpuid money but theres money in rubbish a lot of it.

kdjac

Yeah I was aware prices had gone up.
    Seems A1 will do a standard one for €260 or €200 on a Saturday. Thanks spurious. Incidentally do you know anything about them?
    I am keen to get someone who will deliver and remove the skip when they say they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

A1 are a good company but it comes down to the individual driver. The drivers own the skip lorries and are paid by the lift/drop. Throw the driver a tenner if you really need it picked up at a certain time or if your planning on loading it up a bit too much. Careful not to overdo it though as i've seen cases where they made people get a second skip and empty some out before they would take it.
    Interesting note on skips. You will also need a permit if you are planning on putting it on a public highway. These are from the council/corporation. The price of the permit is dependant on the size of the skip and where it is going to be placed and for how long. For example, if one wanted to put a 20 tonne builders bin on Stephens Green for the weekend, one would have to pay for the parking spaces that are occupied by the skip, on a per hour basis. You could be occupying 3 spaces and would have to pay for about 60 hrs of parking plus the standard permit fee. Driver will not drop the skip unless you have permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Salem

Got the 6 qubic yard one delivered by A1 last thursday morning at 07:00 ... Picked up Sat at around 15:00 ... €260 booked thru website ... €305 if booked over phone ... Perfect !

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

A1 do a Saturday special ( delivered on Sat , picked up the following week) at a chaeper price ( can't remember how much ) if you book on-line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

spurious wrote:

It seems to be May 2001. Not May of this year. The "£" should be a hint.

towger wrote:
    A1 do a Saturday special ( delivered on Sat , picked up the following week) at a chaeper price ( can't remember how much ) if you book on-line.

I have opted to go with A1 - booked in for Friday. The Saturday special is "not available" this week. Standard skip €260 online.

For the record the Saturday special is €270 as against €200 on the website. :eek:

My thanks for all the input. Might it be useful to sticky info like this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

The usually have only a certain amount of Saturday specials availabke so you need to book it early.

Advertisement