Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are the cameras bad for mobile phones

Options
  • 24-02-2005 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

I am getting a new mobile soon and I am not sure whether I want one with a camera or not
    I heard a rumor that the integrated digital cameras in mobile phones are detremental to the software in the phone and will lessen the lifespan of the phone., Is this correct

As I said it's just something someone said without prioviding concrete evidence. I have teried to google it but I am find it hard to get info.

Does anyone have evidence of non camera phones lasting substantially longer than camera ones ?.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

por wrote:
    I am getting a new mobile soon and I am not sure whether I want one with a camera or not
    I heard a rumor that the integrated digital cameras in mobile phones are detremental to the software in the phone and will lessen the lifespan of the phone., Is this correct

As I said it's just something someone said without prioviding concrete evidence. I have teried to google it but I am find it hard to get info.

Does anyone have evidence of non camera phones lasting substantially longer than camera ones ?.

That's sounds like rubbish. Software is as software is. What could be a shortended lifespan is the flash or whatever in the camera which I'm sure can be replaced.

Surely the integrated digital camera in my....digital camera would be detrimental to the software in my....digital camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Sounds like theres scaremongering afoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

If you want a phone with good camera quality get a nokia smartphone, I have a nokia 6600 and its the same quality as my digital camera
    it has 2x zoom and once the pic is takes you can have 800x (pointless after 200x is you ask me but whatever)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

I have a siemens s65 and the camera quality is great but it is 1.3 megapixel :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Dont mind me i miss red the post, sorry

• Advertisement
Advertisement