Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance for Honda Integra, and other sporty types

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I was looking at the 3 door Lenny. I've driven a few of them and love them. They guxxle a lot of petrol though. I drove the MK5 GTI last week and didn't like it near as much. I think the honeycomb grille makes it look cheaper than the standard model too. the MK4 came with a pretty high spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭Joeface

Dagon wrote:
    Hhhmmm.. well, after Joefaces post, now I'm considering getting a few quotes on an Integra 1.6 ZXi just out of interest. Under €1000 is, in my book, very good for someone my age! I really find this quote hard to believe, but I'll check quinn, even though I usually go with Axa...

well where or not its hard to believe 564euro is all im paying this year , AXA on the other hand wanted 1800euro for me and 123.ie said none of the companys the do business with would quote me ...then quinn direct game me that as a renewal figure ...............WHY WOULD I LEAVE..
    so next year im going to buy a R-type

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Lenny wrote:
    R31 model is 3 litre 6 cylinder

No it's not, the R31 had a 6 cyl 2l engine (the RB20DE (T) engine). The Fairlady 300ZR had a 3l engine. No Skyline's (bar the 1988 Skyline Ti, the GX and the Silhouette) have a 3l engine. The highest they go to is a 2.6l and I've seen a 2.8, but that had an engine swap done on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭JB123

Lenny wrote:
    DOn't sk how much the insurance on my '99 2 door nissian skyline 3.0 costs >>>
    Maybe he used a nismo stroker kit 2 bring it up 2 3 liters ............or maybe he is 9 years old lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭JB123

Forgot 2 say im on my second Integra great cars.First was a 95zx Dual Carb nippy car insurance was 800 euro. Iv got a 97 Type R at the mo and shes a flyer had it on the rolling road 198bhp, insurance is 1200euro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭$lash

Yup the R31 is 2.0 6cylinder

Quick guide:

R31 - 2.0 6cylinder..
    R32 - GTS 2.0, GTS-T 2.0 turbo, GTR 2.6 T-Turbo..
    R33 - GTS 2.0, GTS-T 2.5 turbo, GTR 2.6 T-Turbo..
    R34 - GTS 2.0, GTS-T 2.5 turbo, GTR 2.6 T-Turbo..
    PV35 - GT 3.5..

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

Just after phoning Quinn direct to get a quote on this car:
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=204536

and they WOULD NOT even quote me! They said I had to be 25 or over to be even quoted on that car (and even then, I have a feeling the insurance would not be cheap).

Perhaps because it's a jap import? I dunno... but if that's from Quinn direct, then I doubt any other companies will quote either. Joeface - the person who quoted you must have been on the beer the night before heheh..

oh well :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

^ well dont let that stop you, ring a few brokers. quinn direct wont insure me on the FTO im buying (no matter what age, no fto's full stop:mad:) but I got a few quotes from ringing around brokers though.. probably going to go with Britanny insurance in Donegal.. look em up.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

JB123 wrote:
    Maybe he used a nismo stroker kit 2 bring it up 2 3 liters ............or maybe he is 9 years old lol :D

Maybe a 1.0 Micra that has a rear spoiler from a Skyline?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Lenny wrote:
    Ahh, its company insurance...
    But I could imagine how much the insurance would cost me being on 20 and on a prov, I have clocked 194MPH in this car

You also allegedly found your parents having sex*

* except they weren't and you made it up. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Lenny wrote:
    But I could imagine how much the insurance would cost me being on 20 and on a prov, I have clocked 194MPH in this car

You also allegedly found your parents having sex*

* except they weren't and you made it up. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

Lenny wrote:

you mean to tell me that that you're 20 with a provisional licence and your company pays your insurance on a 3.0ltr Skyline? :rolleyes:

get a fúckin life man

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Ivan E

nm wrote:
    ^ well dont let that stop you, ring a few brokers. quinn direct wont insure me on the FTO im buying (no matter what age, no fto's full stop:mad:) but I got a few quotes from ringing around brokers though.. probably going to go with Britanny insurance in Donegal.. look em up.

That's something to consider as certain cars fall into certain brackets without any real reason why. I have an FTO and they are possibly one of the hardest cars to insure at the moment because they fall into a particular grey area. Because of that, most insurance companies don't want to insure them as they don't know how to class them.

Quinn Direct used to quote reasonably for them but then they stopped insuring them. The existing policy holders were still able to insure them and are on great prices now. However Quinn Direct is beginning to get known for its Customer Service being pretty bad and hard to deal with, so that's something else to consider too.

I insure my fiance's car and she insures mine. Works out a lot cheaper and I am also a named driver on hers. I can cover both prices for less than it would cost for me to insure the car myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There isn't an insurance company in the country that would insure a 20 year old with a provisional license on a Skyline.

Lets move on..

Garage insurance would I presume.

he would still need a full licence...I know this cause we own a garage

I see. No way around it then by the looks of it.

Although I remember this guy coming into the pub one night with a huge smile on his face. His name is Vivian or however you spell it. He got a great quote from a broker and when he went into get it, the broker came out saying in disbelief, Miss Vivian........

Their mistake, so they had to follow it through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Presuming this attempted land speed record of 194mph was in Ireland, where precisely did it take place, or have I missed something?

The guys who race on the toll roads around Tokyo at night in Skylines that are modded to values in excess of €100000 rarely get to these speeds...

Gatster u just reminded me of some thing ...most of the Skylines here are jap imports so the clocks are more than likely in Kph not miles...194k would be approx 121mph... maybe he was just confused

also there is this thats states 155miles per hour as the top speed
    Skyline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

stop picking on Lenny you b@stards!!

he could be abit 'special'

• Advertisement

LOL

im not picking on him...it just sounds a bit far fetched...there aint a road in ireland long enough to do 194mph....If he had said 150 its believable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Cracking point about the Kph! AFAIK Skylines (UK ones) were restricted to 155mph, get this lifted and they go much faster however these are the last of this generation of Skylines.

121mph is not exactly terrifying now is it - Not that it's relevant, but any constant speed above 120mph begins to feel very surreal after a while (done in Germany, somewhat obviously). Terrifying would be going 194mph in a Skyline driven by a 20 year old with a provisional...

Advertisement