Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Modding?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭AlisonB

ambro25 wrote:
    Karting as a (IMHO very) viable alternative to a Boards.ir motor forum showdown - why is always the fair sex that comes up with such gems? You made us look bad, there AlisonB (though perhaps that merely echoes what your sig' pre-supposes ;):D ).

Sure we'll see what the level of interest is anyway. might run a league over 6 months or something...never mind the signature- i was hormonal .. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

Karting by its very nature, gives an unfair advantage to tiny little runts (who weight about the equivalent of an empty crisp packet) while being whizzed around by little more than a lawnmowers engine. Who proposed this race anyhow, what's it got to do with car-mods? what about a 'whos got the comfiest seats or best cup-holders' contest instead ? can we try to stay on topic here please cool_shades2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

528i wrote:
    Karting by its very nature, gives an unfair advantage to tiny little runts (who weight about the equivalent of an empty crisp packet) while being whizzed around by little more than a lawnmowers engine. cool_shades2.gif

apologies for staying off topic..

but

http://www.pallaskarting.com/

bit of a longer track.. little bit more than lawn mower engines, have found that a bit of weight here is actually a useful thing, seems you can take the larger turns at higher speeds

Been to that track about 10 times, its deadly (and the roads leading down to it).. think I broke the lap record about 6-years ago on the smaller track, I'll pretend I did anyhow.. ok who's going then ? AlisonB.. what'll you be wearing.. :cool:

i would imagine those lovely boiler suits they supply you with..

personally still trying to break the 1m barrier..

• Advertisement

1metre, jez you must be a fat b@stard ?

sorry 1 min (not 1 meter).. but yes.. useful for top turn onto back straight...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Edmund_f, just a quick one - ole 528i here has been trolling worse 'n fish trawler trawling for trolls for a while now :rolleyes:

thanks...

have no problem correcting myself though...

would say i would hate to mislead the easily confused but people may take offence?

plus going off topic of even this whole forum, i am quite fat :)

• Advertisement

528i wrote:
    AlisonB.. what'll you be wearing.. :cool:
    Yes of course i'll be wearing a boiler suit. A nice pink one - you should be well able to see it.. it'll be right infront of ya :D . As for the weight advantage ... yeh i agree .. i'm 8 stone and it has it's advantages in the past... but then again... i'm a girl - come on - how good can i be in fairness!!! :p

It will be interesting to see do the driving skills match the cars in the car park :) .......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

A track day....I like the sounds of this.....can we rent cars? :D
    Anyone know where I can rent one of these

mitsubishilancerevo8fq40033oa.jpg
    Mitsubishi FQ400

AlisonB wrote:
    Yes of course i'll be wearing a boiler suit. A nice pink one - you should be well able to see it.. it'll be right infront of ya :D . As for the weight advantage ... yeh i agree .. i'm 8 stone and it has it's advantages in the past... but then again... i'm a girl - come on - how good can i be in fairness!!! :p

I'm not sure if girls are allowed out at tinagh,?. but shir you can make us a nice cup of tea or something anyway, btw I think a citroen multipa? outran that rather vulgar looking jap screamer thingy on top-gear once.. bit of a joke on the ol power delivery apparently ;)

528i wrote:
    I'm not sure if girls are allowed out at tinagh,?. but shir you can make us a nice cup of tea or something anyway
    You're probably right - but sure i'll put the kettle on you can make the tea.

No, you must have mistaken me for one of those 'meet u half way' kinda pussies.. if you're gonna start acting up now ya can just stay at'ome altogether. (and I'll let you know if the machine had an attitude problem or gave out any oul guff), jez, you'd swear it was an ordeal or something.

528i wrote:
    No, you must have mistaken me for one of those 'meet u half way' kinda pussies.. if you're gonna start acting up now ya can just stay at'ome altogether. (and I'll let you know if the machine had an attitude problem or gave out any oul guff), jez, you'd swear it was an ordeal or something.

what exactly are you on about ?

i think..

and correct me if i am wrong...

he was trying to assert his manhood....

but as he does not know what that is...

he got a bit lost at the end..

all together now.. 'Awwwww'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Junior

The main problem with the Fq400 is that off-boost it's a bastard to drive but the turbo spools around 3.2k I think and if it's under load say 40mph in fifth it just won't boost. Tried it a few times with my one - don't have that problem.

Are you doing any Trackdays in the M this year 528 ?

edmund_f wrote:
    i think..

and correct me if i am wrong...

he was trying to assert his manhood....

but as he does not know what that is...

he got a bit lost at the end..

all together now.. 'Awwwww'
    he probably can't even play pool ... ;)

sure he can, would even break the lap record?

• Advertisement
Advertisement