Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WAP hosting

Options
  • 24-02-2005 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

i use tagtag.com to host wap sites with pictures and ringtones for myself, but you cant upload .WAV's or .AMR's or .JAR/JAD's... does anyone know anywhere thats as easy as tagtag's system and supports those formats? also, while i'm at it... sagem tone sites or .amr sites???? PLEASE!!! i'm bored shítless with my phone!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

ah c'mon guys... someone must know something ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

eircom.net

have been able to put wml files there, as well as wav files there also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

The main issue with WML, WAV, SIS, AMR or JAR/JAD filetypes is the MIME type. Many newer phones will ignore incorrect MIME types, and rely upon the file extension, for some or all of the above, while many will throw up an error. The WAP gateway you're connecting through is also a factor as many are configured to pass on any unknown files while others will block them.

Most, if not all, paid hosting companies will support the basic WAP MIME types and will either support or allow you to add the others. As for free hosting, it's a case of you get what you pay for - so either it's supported or you're welcome to try elsewhere.

A list of hosting companies may be found here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Advertisement