Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

holiday plans screwed

• 24-02-2005 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

I have booked 2 weeks to Orlando in August and have paid the flights upfront with Aer Lingus but now it turns out someone else in work is off the dates I want to go and I have to change :mad:

Do you reckon they will change the flights for me? I also have to change the hotels which is all booked with American Holidays.
    This ever happen to anyone before?

Cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Bloody*Mary

Yeah Aer Lingus should change your flights for €25.00 plus any difference in fare on your new dates EG if you paid 400 and you new flights were 500 you would have to pay 125.00.
    American Holidays should change your hotel accom no problem possibly for nothing or a small admin charge

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

just went over and sorted it.
    Aer Lingus charged 50 per person to change flights. But it turns out that Ill save €300 even after that cahrge cause flights are cheaper :D so its all good!
    Still not happy with boss though! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭mollser

zefer wrote:
    just went over and sorted it.
    Aer Lingus charged 50 per person to change flights. But it turns out that Ill save €300 even after that cahrge cause flights are cheaper :D so its all good!

Not me - they charged €25 per person each leg, and charge you the difference for any leg thats more expensive. No credit given for booking a much cheaper flight.

So they've ended up charging me €150 to change flights, €200 more than if I just booked them from scratch now. :mad:

for future reference, what number did you ring for the above? I rang 8868844 and they fleece you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I had a problem similar to this last year. I got a free flight to canada but as there was three seats left I had to book straight away. Then my boss said I couldn't go on the dates I wanted. I called in sick for two weeks. Got full pay AND got paid by social welfare for the two weeks, and when I left the company I got my holiday pay for the two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

mollser wrote:
    Not me - they charged €25 per person each leg, and charge you the difference for any leg thats more expensive. No credit given for booking a much cheaper flight.

So they've ended up charging me €150 to change flights, €200 more than if I just booked them from scratch now. :mad:

for future reference, what number did you ring for the above? I rang 8868844 and they fleece you.

I didnt actually ring any number. Went over to American Holidays who I booked with and they rang Aer Lingus. But, as far as I know, she just rang the main aer lingus booking line (think this because she was on hold for ages trying to get bloody through!!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement