Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Good Tyres

Options
  • 24-02-2005 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭

I drive a laguna and do about 16000 miles a year what would you recommend are good tyres and who would you recommend i get them from?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

Nuttzz wrote:
    I drive a laguna and do about 16000 miles a year what would you recommend are good tyres and who would you recommend i get them from?

have look at eiretyres.com they have links to tyre reviews too

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the Laguna have tyre pressure senors built into the tyres so only those specific tyres can be bought?

Other than that I would recommend Vredestein, I do about 22k a year on good and bad roads. I have put 12k on them and they are quieter than the Bridgestones I had before them. They are also good both in the wet and dry.

Would not touch Bridgestones ever again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Jildy

Just got 4 tyres a couple of weeks ago.

Vredestein - Sportrac 2. Excellent tyre. Got voted best tyre out of 16 types in an independent review. They were E105 each but well worth it. I get about 25,000miles from a set.

See attachment below. File is v.large.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

id reccommend uniroyal if your driving in wet condiitions reularly. Or
    Semperit if you are doing serious mileage. Or firestone/michelin if your into preformance/grip. Or monza if your on a budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

the pressure senor is seperate from the type I have had the originals replaced with another brand since i got the car so that isnt an issue

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Dan_B

Conti Sports, car felt like it was on rails!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Check out AutoExpresses Products Honours
    Vreidsteins consistently do well...as do Continentals.
    Vreidsteins difficult to source in Ireland though.
    2003(requires pdf )

Advertisement