Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

using a camcorder left-handed

Options
  • 24-02-2005 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

I am hoping to buy a camcorder shortly. I want a fairly decenct one that will do me for a few years.

The thing is I want to be able to use it entirely left-handed, i.e holding it and pressing rec, zoom, etc all with the one hand.

Most camcorders have a strap on the right and the screen on the left. I dont mind the screen but the camcorder would have to be small enough so I could reach controls with my left thumb.

I've only started looking into them but the JVC ones I've seen look very small and may do the job.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I dont think ou'll have much luck unfortunately. I've never seen one that yuo could in any way comfortabley use it left handed.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Thanks for the reply.

I'll keep an optimistic eye out all the same :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Gothic Warrior

cosgrove80 wrote:
    I am hoping to buy a camcorder shortly. I want a fairly decenct one that will do me for a few years.

The thing is I want to be able to use it entirely left-handed, i.e holding it and pressing rec, zoom, etc all with the one hand.

Most camcorders have a strap on the right and the screen on the left. I dont mind the screen but the camcorder would have to be small enough so I could reach controls with my left thumb.

I've only started looking into them but the JVC ones I've seen look very small and may do the job.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks
    Dude - NEVER buy a JVC camcorder. The quality is blurry and absolutely terrible.

Advertisement