Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bounty Hunter 2005

Options
  • 24-02-2005 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

This is for all you scanvangers out there with camera equipment preferably camera phones.

Your mission should you choose to accept it is to hunt for the following items in your world and to take a picture of them once you have the pictures put a link to them on this sight and I shall accknowlede you as our champion.

BOUNTY 24/02/05

* Take a picture of the message played before a movie in every cinema the one that says " the use of camera equipment in this theatreis forbidden...." try to get at least two head in front of the screen aswell for effect
    I can not be responsible for you or your equipment during the mission

*Take a picture of the sign of the grim reaper leading the child/children across the road. It is a real street sign and I'll know if its been forged or photoshopped

These are your targets

Good speed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

emm...ok...
    why? sounds fun but... do we have to send you these pics? or just show ye?
    and grim reaper sign? buh?

*god speed

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

wow, i really didnt read like, half of that msg all the info is there, i apologise for me blindness! good day..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

aaah! there's a grim reaper sign on my way home from school! at least there was last may... and no way am i bringing my camera into the cinema. you'd have to use flash and then people'd notice.... i may be bored but i'm not an idiot... oh wait... damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Camera phones don't flash. If I'm at the cinema this weekend I'll get that picture. I doubt it's illegal to take a picture of that thing anyway. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Kitsune

Can camera phones take pictures with that little light though?

• Advertisement

They can if they have Night Mode. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Kitsune

Ah, cool. You learn something new every day....

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

are these grim reaper signs common or is there only one or a few? also, Kitsune are you Guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Elephamt king is guy. There's a grim reaper sign near me, I may take a picture of it. It scared me when I first saw it!

huh, damn, i knew that, who's kitsune then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

am i the only one who has no idea what a grim reaper sign is?

It's the sign of a woman crossing the road holding a kids hand basically to warn motorists to be vigilant when driving along that road but the woman is a grim reaper.

How did these come about actually?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

The first time I saw a grim reaper sign, I thought someone had painted it on. Until I saw more...

And also, it must be noted how diseased the children on those signs look...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

omg! dat is the freakiest thing i'v ever seen, and to the untrained....eh.....sign reader that could quite plausibly have a very sinister meaning...... :eek:

wow, that's so weird, what's the deal?

/edit: there are trained sign-readers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

Does the sign really have a little lantern and everything? This country is weird...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Fabulo

I can just imagine politicians sitting around a table, declaring, "We need to allocate more funds to the grim reaper sign development process!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Its a sticker you put over the woman! fools

but.........does the one person put them on signs al over the city (Is it just Dublin that has them?) or is it some group thing or coincidence that random people decide to put a grim reaper sticker over the woman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

One would imagine a group effort, as manufacturing individual identical stickers by accident, then using them in the same way, is mildly far fetched.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

i know some people who stuck em up. i shall now say no more on the matter

Tell them I love them. :)

Here's an idea, get a picture with your camera phone of the most fake id's possible with the one name/picture on it! .............,............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭lemur option

Congratulations purple fist mixer you have completed step 1 and found the grim reaper sign, that was fast I've still to think of more bounties so for now everyone keep trying for the cinema screen. It's not the flash you should worry about some cinemas have camera detection technology and some are just lazy..........

Oh goody. Well, didn't get out due to the snow but I'm getting that sign next time I'm in the cinema.

<<EDIT>>REPEAT TWENTYFIVE TIMES AFTER ME

I WILL NOT ENCOURAGE VANDALISM OR ILLEGAL ACTS.
    I WILL ALSO ATTEMPT TO SPELL VANDALISM CORRECTLY FROM NOW ON.

geddit?

<<crash_000>>

but it's sooooo fun,

This is a formal apology to anyone who sees putting a k on a for sale sign to make it a fork sale sign as vandalism I hope you will accept this apology and I would like to announce that no points will be awarded for a pic of a fork sale sign. The same applies for the "to let" to "toilet" sign. I'd also like to apologise for my crude spelling. Why apologise? cos I'm really a nice guy.

Now for the points system since it also got deleted

points will be awarded for each bounty

purplefistmixer got 4 for the reaper sign

and there is 8 available for the cinema screen (which is harming no one!!)

I am yet to think of more bounties so please give me ideas for them via priv mesg.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

hurry hurry and try not to restrict it to something only dublin people can do

• Advertisement

It seems that there is a scissor and comb imprint in the pavement in certain areas of town (Dublin)this intreges me.

I'm offering a bounty of 5 for this pic
    And will give Zounds 2 points for suggesting it if this is in fact true

sorry colhol I konw it's mainly for dublin people but living in dublin myself I am surrounded by possibilities for dubliners but feel free to suggest one for your area for points!!!!

Advertisement