Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Il Baccaro - Meetinghouse Sq

• 24-02-2005 6:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

This used to be one of my favourite restaurants, 3-4 years back. I haven't been in about 18 months I think, but I've been told that it's gone way downhill and is no longer to be recommended (bad service/food/atmosphere). Can anyone confirm or deny this - has anyone been lately?

Al.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Also heard it was crap now. Try Ar Viccoleto on Crowe St. 2 minutes away. Brill authentic Italian food v. cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 happydayz

yeah ar vicoletto is pretty nice, they have a great wine list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 jetsetter

have never been to ar vicoletto but have heard good things, they are offering free wine and bubbly on www.grabit.ie, their prices seem okay as well.

was in il baccaro a few weeks back and did not enjoy my meal at all, was surprised to hear that they have been there for years,

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭selephonic

yeah, I used to love il bocaro as well but went there recently for a celebration and felt embaressed as I'd suggested it. The food is now mediocre at best and the service and atmosphere that used to be the high points are now gone. It also seems to be more expensive. I assume there must be new management.

Advertisement