Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Just won a GS500E

Options
  • 24-02-2005 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I just won an auction for a Suzuki GS 500E in the Uk. It has 40.000 klms on the clock and its a 94.

Does anyone have any expierence with these bikes and a rough idea what its worth ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭bbbbb

I would have a look at buyandsell.net to get an idea of the bikes worth. Real value will depend on what condition it's inand how it's been treated. Lots of parts (chain/sprockets, tyres, spark plugs, brake pads etc.) need to be replaced at certain intervals, so the state of those will swing the value also.

If the clock is in kms rather than miles, then it might be a parallel import. Probably doesn't matter.

GS500 seems to be a popular commuter/city bike, see alot of them around. I have a suzuki (bandit 600), very reliable bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

40,000 kms is quite high for a bike, but the GS500 is fairly reliable.

How much did it set you back? (when you say you won it, you mean you had the highest bid, right?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

40,000 kms is quite high for a bike, but the GS500 is fairly reliable.

How much did it set you back? (when you say you won it, you mean you had the highest bid, right?)

40k isn't too bad, its 11 years old !! Its STG£645 and I have seen them advertised in the B&S for €3000 upwards.

Here's a pic:

http://i15.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/71/b0/9e_1_b.JPG

Advertisement