Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jimmy Eat World Olympia

• 24-02-2005 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Sorry to dupe moderators.
    Posted this in after hours first.
    Anyone here going to J.E.W in the Olympia in March?
    If so, whats your favourite album etc.?
    What else are you into? (music, everything)..?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

yep.. and I can't wait for this gig!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

this isn't the place to talk about this...

here is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

It sure is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

I'm going, got guestlist passes :)
    and heading up to belfast too
    convince bout 40 ppl to go as well!!!

hmmm, can't really choose fav album depends on the mood cos they are all so different.
    seen them 6 times already and they have been brilliant every time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

yeah you get guestlist passes and give em to rob and maggie while i have to sit if i even get tickets

• Advertisement

who be you?
    if you know bob and maggie I gotta know you

yeh, i'm going too, i've got ticket number 2 whoo hooo.

march april is great for gigs

march jimmy eat world
    april biffy clyro, idlewild.

hopefully weezer by end of the year too if they decide to come to ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

anyone special supporting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

will be missing this one too........nobody i know will go to the gig :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shivface

er... go alone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Absolutly go alone! Do you want to go or not like... I'm goin' "on me tobler" as they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

never went to a gig alone.........be a bit weird.
    (no offence to those that go alone)

having said that, i do go to the flciks alone, when its something i really want to see.

hmmmm i'll see

never went to a gig alone.........be a bit weird.
    (no offence to those that go alone)

having said that, i do go to the flciks alone, when its something i really want to see.

hmmmm i'll see
    I can understand that. The idea of going to the cinema with people seems a little strange to me. You're not gonna be talking to them (unless you're an annoying person). I know it's slightly different for a gig. You can chat between bands and stuff. And the odd comment during the set. But mainly you're just gonna be watching the band. Company takes care of itself tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

I would definitly go to ANY gig alone! I always wander off on my own anyway so it never seems to make a difference, unless you are queueing up outside for ages and you need someone to talk to.......then yeah, company is great....other than that I'd go alone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Dermo wrote:
    who be you?
    if you know bob and maggie I gotta know you
    i'm robs lil brother, i got tickets..............sitting....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Anton17

I bought my ticket yesterday, when i got home i noticed it was for the upper circle sitting. I asked the guy for a ground floor ticket WTF!!!
    Im really pissed off. Watching from the stands is like watchin it on tv.
    Will ticketmaster take it back or have mcd just swindled me out of more money.

No. Ticketmaster tickets are non refundable. Ground floor has been sold out for about a month anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

Apartment are support on the tour. Anyone got any links to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

All i can say is what a gig,what a gig. The set list was brilliant.
    Anyone else there last night?

have to agree with you there. absolutely amazing gig. highlights of the evening had to be lucky denver mint, sweetness and pain.
    i've seen them twice before and this time was the best, the amount of energy they put into it just blew me away!
    great crowd aswell, really up for it.

so to sum up, gig = good!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭irishraven

Yeah i was there and it was brill!!! I am defo getting the new album, had heard mixed reports but after last night, I'm sold! :D

i think it's always a good sign that the gig rocked if the next morning you have a pounding head and you still ache all over:D
    It's a good pain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

yeah, great gig, shed loads of energy....i got completely cained before hand so i felt a bit queezy in the gig...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

the only downer was they didn't do "if you don't, don't"
    "kill" was fantastic at the start with just Jimmy on stage first.

Did any one get any pictures????????????????????

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I'm not the biggest fan, i had a college dinner thingy on last night and i couldnt go, was a bit pissy bout it, but walking to down under after i found an unused ticket at the bus stop at like 12, crazy, it must have been a sign

Ya i actually still ache all over,my head is still sore,KIll at the start was a brilliant way to start and to introduce the band!excellent,the merch wasnt great though only thing,god it was sweaty i actually thought bout getting a new t shirt

oh and did that we hope to be back in the summer sound like an appearance at OXEGEN to anybody else?

that's what it sounded like to me! afaik, they're touring with green day who are headlining oxegen.
    twice in one year would be fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

Oh, the gig's over, eh? How was it? I'm a big fan of Jimmy Eat World but I was only told about the gig very recently and I've already bought tickets for Coldplay! Low on cash, you see...

So, how was it?

• Advertisement

I'm not the biggest fan, i had a college dinner thingy on last night and i couldnt go, was a bit pissy bout it, but walking to down under after i found an unused ticket at the bus stop at like 12, crazy, it must have been a sign
    If when you say unused you mean the bit at the side wasn't ripped off then it probably was used. They were just scanning them through and not ripping it off.

Not a bad gig at all. Apartment not playing really messed up the timing for the whole gig. But otherwise good. Marshall Stars had some good songs. Was expecting Jimmy Eat World to play more from Futures, and less from Bleed American. I'd have liked to hear more from The Singles. But it was a very good set. Best song was probably Lucky Denver Mint or Sweetness.

What was with them wearing the same shirts?

i sure hope they don't play oxygen, i'd prefer them to play another gig gig if you know what i mean.

it was an absolutely mental night first time seeing them though long time fan.

highlights were definitely - A praise chorus, Bleed american, Lucky denver mint and sweetness.

*EDIT* i should slap myself i forgot get it faster. don't worry i'm hanging my head in shame

Cremo wrote:
    i sure hope they don't play oxygen, i'd prefer them to play another gig gig if you know what i mean.

Well i seen them in Witnness a couple of years ago and it was different but still good!and they are much more famous now so could be good with thousands there

i'm not saying it won't be good for them, it's just that like how much is a ticket to oxegen? 65 euros?

that's not worth it to see jimmy eat world play, they'd probably play at like 2 o clock in the day time.

it be much better if they have a more intimate gig like olympia/ambassador etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

Great gig; have seen them before and they are always deadly. really enjoyed it; I'm sold on the new album, am going to pick it up pretty soon. Could only get sitting tickets tho :( IMO a gig isnt a gig unless you're exhausted and stinky after it :) I tried my best but was a little stymied by the olympias' garden gnome chairs.

Yeah "back in the summer" sounds a bit like an oxegen appearance allright. Hopefully tho it will be in the ambassador or Olympia again.

i don't think they'd don two european tours so close together in the one year. if they are coming back, it's most likely to be with them doing the festival circuit, oxegen, t in the park, etc

• Advertisement

They played twich in 2002. January and May I think.

yeh, forgot about that. they also played witnness that year iirc.
    saw the first two gigs in the tbmc and the ambassador.
    tuesday's gig surpassed the two of them imo!

Yea, Witnness was the same year. Didn't much like the Witnness show, but the other two were brilliant. Better than this one I reckon. Well... TBMC anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭curious_george

Best song had to be Authority Song, can't believed they played that!

Yall should check out www.jimmyeatworld.com then look for the blog section, there's a great picture they took and some really sweet comments about Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

I wasn't a Jimmy Eat World fan at all, mostly cos I was just unaware of the band I guess. But was invited to the gig by a friend at the last minute on Tuesday and thought it was terrific. I'll definitely be checking out more of their music in the futute. :)

• Advertisement

Kalina wrote:
    I'll definitely be checking out more of their music in the futute. :)

nice pun! tongue.gif

Ro: maaan! wrote:
    They played twich in 2002. January and May I think.

they actually played 4 times that year and they are the only other times they've ever played here!
    January 16th in Temple Bar Music Centre support from Berkeley
    May 23rd in Amabassador Theatre support from Fenix*TX
    July 12th in Ambassador Theatre secret show supporting Foo Fighters
    July 13th at Witnness

Dermo wrote:
    they actually played 4 times that year and they are the only other times they've ever played here!
    January 16th in Temple Bar Music Centre support from Berkeley
    May 23rd in Amabassador Theatre support from Fenix*TX
    July 12th in Ambassador Theatre secret show supporting Foo Fighters
    July 13th at Witnness
    Oh yea. I remember being very pissed off I missed that. Didn't know Jimmy Eat World played though. Thought it was just the Foos. Now I'm even more pissed off...

confirmed for oxegen:D i'm gonna be quite the happy camper! geddit?!

Yea. Good news alright. But as far as camping goes the addition of Snoop Dogg will probably make the experience less enjoyable...

Advertisement