Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best sites for buying games?

Options
  • 24-02-2005 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to buy a few games and some of them are hard to get a hold of (I checked every store in dublin!). So any suggestions on the best sites for value and good rates for postage if outside ireland. So far i was looking at amazon and ebay but they arent really that good?

Any help appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

play.com

and always buy in sterling rather than using the built in euro converter!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

play.com cant go wrong with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

Why sterling rather than euros?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

they always seem to round the figure up by an extra couple of euro if you use the converter.
    you're better off just buying in sterling and checking xe.com for the correct exchange rate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

The dirty hoors!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Play.com looks pretty good but unfortunately hasnt got the game i'm looking for, Marvel Vs Capcom 2 for the ps2. It seems to be quite rare at the moment? Loads of american sites have it for sale real cheap but they are all ntsc versions :(

Thanks anyway

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

www.liksang.com for all your import needs. Stay away from www.dvdboxoffice.com. they are incredibly slow to post out orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

hows about www.cdwow.ie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

scudster wrote:
    hows about www.cdwow.ie :D

CD wow are not bad they are slightly dearer than play on some items and there game selection is not as vast as plays but they deliver fairly quickly even though they're based in Hong Kong.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Can vouch for cdwow.ie and play.com. Although they can take up till two weeks sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

You can also purchase from www.gamestop.com they will ship to Ireland quite happily, although its not that cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

youcancallme>al is Marvel Vs Capcom 2 a recent realease??

I deffo have a Marvel Vs Capcom game for the PS2 at home but I aint too sure if its no. 1 or no. 2!! I reckon I have it over a year!! I had the original Marvel Vs Capcom on Dreamcast but am gettin confused as to what I had on the PS2!!

If you want me to check for it let me know!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Aheadgames.com were very fast, dvdsoon is a canadian website that includes a discount card scheme if you are in the habit of buying import titles.
    Ebay is a great place to buy stuff though, you just need your wits about you and have a good idea what a title is really worth, also watch out for chancers that will try to bulk their profits with stupidly high shipping costs.
    Alternately why not look here?
    Just post your game requests and see what happens, people her on the boards seem to be relatively fair when it comes to pricing, helpful when it comes to exchanguing goods and there are plenty of other users who will tell you if you are getting a bum deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

branners69 wrote:
    youcancallme>al is Marvel Vs Capcom 2 a recent realease??

I deffo have a Marvel Vs Capcom game for the PS2 at home but I aint too sure if its no. 1 or no. 2!! I reckon I have it over a year!! I had the original Marvel Vs Capcom on Dreamcast but am gettin confused as to what I had on the PS2!!

If you want me to check for it let me know!!

Well its probably 2 cos marvel vs capcom 1 was only released on the ps1. If you do have it would you be interesting in selling?
    CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Aheadgames.com were very fast, dvdsoon is a canadian website that includes a discount card scheme if you are in the habit of buying import titles.
    Ebay is a great place to buy stuff though, you just need your wits about you and have a good idea what a title is really worth, also watch out for chancers that will try to bulk their profits with stupidly high shipping costs.
    Alternately why not look here?
    Just post your game requests and see what happens, people her on the boards seem to be relatively fair when it comes to pricing, helpful when it comes to exchanguing goods and there are plenty of other users who will tell you if you are getting a bum deal.

Thanks for the advice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

what about www.sendit.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

tman wrote:
    they always seem to round the figure up by an extra couple of euro if you use the converter.
    you're better off just buying in sterling and checking xe.com for the correct exchange rate

I just did that and it was two quid cheaper using the converter. so it doesn't always work

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

If its rare try ebay ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 mightymoose

cdwow or play are the only fast choices i beleive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

http://www.resellerratings.com/ is a good site for seeing if a company has a good or bad reputation. Lists around 6k online stores and each store has comments pos/neg from past users. Also has a froogle like search engine to see if who's the cheapest seller of a product. Mainly covers American websites but still worth a look.

• Advertisement
Advertisement