Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teen Pregnacies

Options
  • 30-06-2001 4:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭

afterschoolspecialfact.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Bomberman

the only reason thats funny is because it stupid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Lucy_la_morte

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bomberman:
    the only reason thats funny is because it stupid</font>

I don't think it's supposed to be funny any other way.

It's just a tail, but I'm sort of attached to it.

Lucy la morte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

20 would probally be just as accurate tongue.gif

*cough*
    daves l33t site 0wns j00.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

this wasnt in american press was it? if so, that explains everything.. If not, why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Paranoid Android

Writing underneath says the quote comes from a republican senator from Colorado Springs, So not only is it the American Press, but it is quoting an American Politician biggrin.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I really dont think that is funny sorry . frown.gif

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

It just amazes me how stupid people in America manage to get into office and some into the presidency! George Bush has made even more stupid remarks and they voted him in! It worries me when these types of people are trying to police the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

bah people like George W. dont make the decisions, well not the important ones, they couldnt. i refuse to believe that someone so riciculously dim, could make all the decisions for maintaining a country. there has to be greater power behind the scenes, there HAS TO BE! else we are all ****ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Enygma:
    It's just the Dilbert Principle. Stupid people get more important jobs</font>

Actually it's where a person is promoted to a position they don't have the skills for.

Actually I've played with the "Free" manager training in work (it's well hidden smile.gif), quite amazing all the stuff you have to and cater for. Kind of scary too as portions of it deal with profiling your staff and I've seen bits that relate to what I have done and seen the responses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

It's just the Dilbert Principle. Stupid people get more important jobs. i.e. It's easy for the CEO of a company that makes critical hospital machinery to come up with a mission statement saying how much they don't want people to die. It's a lot harder for the engineers to actually make the equipment. It's true smile.gif

Was watching this thing on MSNBC last night about CEO's and one of them said
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    Until I became a CEO I wasn't a CEO.
    </font>

The Dilbert Principle in action smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Ri-ra

That's funny. Just like that Jay leno thingy "Headlines."

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭foxinsocks

Actually, no, the Dilbert principle is that people get promoted to where they can do the least damage (ie management)

Its the Peter principle that states that people get promoted until they cant do the job they are promoted to

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

It's only a stupid message coz it's a yank thing, not that i don't agree with it being totally "well duh" yankee style styte.Typical of them. mad.gif

"that island has freedom written all over it, sir, that's cuba"

Advertisement