Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iriver as removable disk

Options
  • 24-02-2005 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

If i get an iriver h10, will I be able to plug it into a computer without any iriver software and use the full 5 gigs as a removable disk?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'm almost positive you will be able although the pc will need Windows XP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Squaletto

cormie wrote:
    I'm almost positive you will be able although the pc will need Windows XP.
    Hi there, I am the proud owner of a H340 and I can tell you that you will have no problem with your H10 player if the H340 is anything to go by. The customer service dept of iriver is excellent and all in all you couldn't choose a better player.
    try this link for any info you might need,

http://www.misticriver.net/boards/index.php

ciao :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

heres what i want:

a 5 gigger, that *without* any software will be picked up as a standard windows xp removable disk.

ideally you'd be able to drag standard folders with music on them and play them on the player like that, but thats not the main consideration.

i need to be able to transfer big 2 gig operating system images around a bunch of machines in work without network and travel round with it, and i'd also like to have an mp3 player so trying to kill all birds with one stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

ive got an iriver h120, and it works fine on any xp computer as a removable disk

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Well if you don't want to be limited I suggest you opt for bigger storage, the h320 or 340, or if you can find them the H120/140.

They all have USB plug and play, no software, they act just like a hard-drive and you can play music of course:)

I'm not too sure what other MP3 players are plug and play, not many I don't think. I think you need software for most. You should be able to do it with the H10 though. Go to www.misticriver.net. They know everything about iRiver products and are ver helpful:) go to www.mx2.co.uk for good pricing on iRiver products:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement