Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download free movie classics.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

I could almost guarantee that just buying them on DVD would be cheaper. Posted they couldn't be more than e3/4 :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

jimi_t wrote:
    I could almost guarantee that just buying them on DVD would be cheaper. Posted they couldn't be more than e3/4 :)

Uh... Cheaper than free?

Interesting site Chief---, will have to take a look.

Clicked on the first and clicked the MPEG2 download - it was maxing my, albeit slow (512), connection (well close to it anyhow). Looks good.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

just the sort of thing to download in college!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

jimi_t wrote:

How can they be cheaper to BUY? They're old movies- Night of the Living Dead was given out free with Loaded last month as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Welll if you're on dialup :D

But seriously, download two of these and they'll max your Eircom cap for the month. Then it's a set amount per mb so it would be cheaper... Now I'm aware that Eircom usually don't charge for going over your cap but I'm not willing to risk it.
    Anyways, I'd prefer to pay the 3 euro and actually have them boxed with the sleeve notes and things, but I suppose it's a matter of preference.

Good find anyway chief, speeds are consistently over 50ki

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Just thought id post them here after i found them...

Ye dont have to download them... :)

Chief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

jimi_t wrote:
    Welll if you're on dialup :D

But seriously, download two of these and they'll max your Eircom cap for the month. Then it's a set amount per mb so it would be cheaper... Now I'm aware that Eircom usually don't charge for going over your cap but I'm not willing to risk it.

tut, tut, tut

not everyone has a cap. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

I watched Night of the living Dead last night. Cool film haha first black and white film ive watched in ages. The dialogue was a bit non exisitant and the ending well... you've gotta feel sorry for the black guy... But watching a film like that really makes you appreciate things like special effects or even makeup.

Xcellor

I took reefer madness aswell....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Chief--- wrote:
    I took reefer madness aswell....

Classic movie :D

• Advertisement

All i need now is time to watch them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭cranoo

downloaded reefer :D now what programme do i need to look at it :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Finally, when people say "you can only download more than 8 gigs if you're downloading something illegal" i have another site to point em out to :p

Also, if you're into the really old dos games, check out http://www.abandonia.com/ and various other abandonware sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

I downloaded D.O.A. from there before. If you're into a bit of film noir it's worth checking out.

Advertisement