Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

KPH Display

Options
  • 25-02-2005 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Is it necessary (legal requirement) that a car or bike must have KPH on the speedo? A friend bought a Harley from the States with only MPH on it. MY opinion is that it wont matter, he will just have to stick on of those naff stickers on his lovely new bike :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No, it's not a requirement from a user level afaik. Any cars sold in Ireland this year must have a KPH dial, but since the machine was imported, this doesn't apply.

Afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

The speedometer is not the issue, the speed he travels at is.
    The only thing any driver has to stick, is to stick to the speed limit :p
    Doesn't matter if it's measured in imperial or metric units.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

seamus wrote:
    No, it's not a requirement from a user level afaik. Any cars sold in Ireland this year must have a KPH dial, but since the machine was imported, this doesn't apply.

Afaik.

i though there was some law in europe that stoped them making that law ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Irish vehicle importers don't have to have KPH dials on their vehicles by law, however in practice I doubt many would choose to import vehicles with MPH dials as customers will want KPH dials.

Advertisement