Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flashed 9800pro safe temperature

Options
  • 25-02-2005 2:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭

While everyone else is already talking about their X800 or 6800. I've just got myself a Sapphire 9800pro that has been flashed to 9800XT. My question is what's the temperature of the card should be? At the moment ATITool shows my card is at 68 degrees when it's just doing normal work and it went up to ~78 degrees when I'm playing games. Is that normal or too hot? It is already using a Artic VGA Silencer Cooling.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

I have a X800XT but owned a flashed 9800pro.

Your temps seem a little hot maybe by a degree or two. Mine ran at 65-75 with the artic cooler. Although it has run as high as 80. If ati tool isn't detecting artefacts you should be fine.

Have a look at this post.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=179444&highlight=9800+temp

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

My XT flashed 9800pro on XT PCB with default Xt clocks with artic cooler running on high fan idles at between 60 and 65. Was idling at 80 for a week or so until I found out that 80 was a bit hot and then redid my thermal paste, reseated and tightened the artic cooler!! :D

Advertisement