Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New company brand - IrishConsulting.com

Options
  • 25-02-2005 2:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

hey guys.
    Am setting up a new online company - http://www.irishconsulting.com - to develop ecommerce solutions. Have just come up with branding for it, have a look at the site and let me know what you think.
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

hey guys.
    Am setting up a new online company - http://www.irishconsulting.com - to develop ecommerce solutions. Have just come up with branding for it, have a look at the site and let me know what you think.
    Cheers

v v good ;)

i hope you have irishconsulting registered with the cro ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

The purple is fading to brown.

I think it would look better on a flat colour with no animation.

When you say "branding", you mean "logo", right?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I can't see the site - just the spinning logo (which looks nice BTW), is that what you meant? IMO If you are going to use a splash screen, you should provide a "skip intro" link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 MakingMeMark

Cheers for the compliments guys.

JustHalf : what i mean by branding is the type, the logo and the colour scheme shown there. Dont see any brown?
    eoin-s : that's all there is at the moment. I'll have the site up in the next week.

The logo itself is just the text with a flat 2d image of the iC (the first frame of the spin animation).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

maybe its just your monitor but i too can see brown, the radial gradiant goes light purple - brown - dark purple, it doesn't necessarily look bad though, just so you know its there, that aside i like it, needs a enter site button and a skip intro on the loading screen but v.nice work

• Advertisement

yeah, i guess there is brown in there. strange - blue background, blue radial gradiant to transparent, but you get a bit of brown...
    http://www.irishconsulting.com/indexGreen.html - prefer the first one IMHO, but you guys may think differently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

i'd get rid of that radiant effect, it makes it looked unfinished where it ends, and I think the simpler the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

no, definitely the first one, maybe its just the way you're creating the background or saving it

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

Nice corporate id. Looks very professional. We'll have to see if your services live up to your image! :) At least you have the first part right... you look professional! :cool:

Cheeurs,

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Velcrow

OK Honestly - It looks early 90's - made with some free 3d programme - ditch the gradient background - loose the animation and forget the flash intro -

As a consultant myself, I just want professionally designed, easy to access content, no gimmiks, no animation, no 3d.

Hope you are not offended.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

The logo is nice and looks professional.

However, as ranDom_tAsk advised, you need to register your company to be more than just a bunch of kids with some Flash skills - and that's before we even consider a business plan, marketing and production. Without those, you're unlikely to progress beyond a Web site and a domain name.

Nonetheless, I do wish you luck in your enterprise.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

It looks good, definately some brown appears in the swirls. Logo looks well BUT as said the intro screen is more of a pain than anything, when I go to a company website I really do not want an intro screen.
    I would lose it and concentrate on the main pages.

Best of luck with it all though

cheers guys,
    appreciate all the comments. And agree with comments about intro - the page shown at the moment is just a draft sketch of what the logo will look like, and how it looks animated/in 3d. The site will NOT have an intro page :)
    The company is in the development process. We will have it registered soon. We are currently developing an ecommerce solution to offer a customizable shopping cart to hook up to realex.ie payment gateway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

OK Honestly - It looks early 90's - made with some free 3d programme - ditch the gradient background - loose the animation and forget the flash intro -

As a consultant myself, I just want professionally designed, easy to access content, no gimmiks, no animation, no 3d.

I second that. And like he said, please dont be offended.

In my opinion, flash Intros are a bad idea for most sites. Its an extra page for people to click through and you may find in a traffic report that a high percent of visitors exit on that intro page.

Also, as surfers become increasingly savvy, basic flash animations fail to impress, certainly not as much as a nicely designed site that loads fast and functions well. Generally, animation like rotating 3d or scrolling text etc is considered tacky. Look at the rotating logo for a few seconds and you may find yourself getting stressed.

In my opinion, if you insist on having a Flash Intro, it should be a god damn impressive intro possibly including sounds.

"irishConsulting.com" written like that doesnt work for me. Gradients are usually naff, a subtle vertical gradient might be ok but not from centre out. It also appears banded. I like the font used.

So when do we get to be consulted by an Irish person about e-commerce and provided with a solution? Does it all mean something? At the moment it reminds me of herbal tea- smells great but tastes of nothing.

P.S. -Sorry if I and others sound harsh. Nobody is trying to burst your bubble, just to be realistic and honest and to think more than dream. Best of luck with your solutions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭vox

I agree, i think it should be kept simple and flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Erm, is there an actual website? If so I can't get to it; all I get is a spinning IC thing. Seriously, flash intros serve no purpose except to annoy the user. Lose it.

Advertisement