Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Word: WATERCOOLING!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,752 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

[URL=http://]www.hitide.ie[/URL] sells innovatek watercool kits. I am going to buy one in a month or so. They are one of the best kits on the market, Check out the website. He also accepts laser via the web which is handy if you don't have a credit card, or are maxed out......

Delivery by SDS the next day. Very good service.

Inqui

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Inquitus wrote:
    hitide.ie sells innovatek watercool kits. I am going to buy one in a month or so. They are one of the best kits on the market, Check out the website. He also accepts laser via the web which is handy if you don't have a credit card, or are maxed out......

Delivery by SDS the next day. Very good service.

Inqui

Thanks. ive tried that site before though..

How customizable are Kits (ie get a kit with a socket A block and vga block for an x800pro and then when i switch to athlon 64 buy a seperate socket939 Cpu block,maybe go with Alphacool or a dangerden)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Don't bother with the 1048 pump, go for thr 1046, the speed the water flows through your system has no bearing on the temperatures, it's just a louder pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Cina wrote:
    ...the speed the water flows through your system has no bearing on the temperatures...
    I thought that would have the most bearing on the temperature since you are pumping out the warm water and pumping in cooler water?
    I presume it would also depend on how efficient your rad was too.

WizZard wrote:
    I thought that would have the most bearing on the temperature since you are pumping out the warm water and pumping in cooler water?
    I presume it would also depend on how efficient your rad was too.

Well if you think about it, does it matter at what speed the water goes through the rad? Infact I would think the slower it went the more the rad/fan would be hitting it and cooling it more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Cina wrote:
    Infact I would think the slower it went the more the rad/fan would be hitting it and cooling it more.
    Woudn't that mean the warmer water would stay in the cpu block longer? Can't be good for temps.

bennyx_o wrote:
    Woudn't that mean the warmer water would stay in the cpu block longer? Can't be good for temps.

The two would cancel out though, I'm using a eheim 1046 on my 3400+ 64 bit and my 5950 Ultra, CPU never goes higher than 31 degrees, gfx card never higher than 36.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

The quicker the water flows through your system the better your results. Its better to go with a bigger pump especially if you have a graphics card block, a chipset block and a big rad, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

slade_x wrote:
    Thanks. ive tried that site before though..

How customizable are Kits (ie get a kit with a socket A block and vga block for an x800pro and then when i switch to athlon 64 buy a seperate socket939 Cpu block,maybe go with Alphacool or a dangerden)

Well the waterblock is the same for most sockets it's just the bracket is different for the innovatek stuff anyway, i got the xxs kit when i had a socket A system now that i have a A64 im still using the same block just a different holding bracket...

If you are getting the stuff from komplett double check to see if the gpu/cpu/rad come with connecters....those quick fit ones are great, it's just a question of imagining the stuff in the case and figuring out what angle connectors you need and where.

Good luck,

CC

Advertisement