Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein support unchanged

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭shltter

Wisteria wrote:
    This is disgracful. Sinn Fein should be banned for good and done a way with. We ALL know they were responsable for the Bank Raid and the death of that man.

yes banning political parties that is the way to go and after them we could accuse fine gael or labour of something and ban them as well in fact why not get some general to run the country i heard pinochet is looking for a job

"done away with" does that mean executed

how do you all know

mike65 wrote:
    Its the fall in approval for Adams thats the important stat here as it reveals that the curent levels of support are as high as SF can expect. There will be no breakthrough into the mainstream, there will be no steady middle-class/middle-Ireland vote, the revolution will not be televised.

Mike.

a week is a long time in politics

actualy not necessarily the case nowadays, there are insurance policies availible that prevent this kind of thing from happening, its the customers fault for not taking up a policy at the start of the mortgage.

besides there is always the option to declare one self bancrupt.

not serious illness cover i saw something on the bbc about that it is not worth a ****

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Wisteria wrote:
    This is disgracful. Sinn Fein should be banned for good and done a way with. We ALL know they were responsable for the Bank Raid and the death of that man.

Do we ALL know that, I certianly don't, care to back that claim up???

If Sinn Fein's vote has only dropped 1% after all that has been in the media, I think they have a good chance of making gains in the next election down South in 2 years.

You see elected SF politicians actually do get out and work for the people who elected them. This poll shows why McDowell has been bashing SF so much he knows their support is strong and will only get stronger and after Dermot Aherns comments about FF possibly going into Government with SF in the future he's worried.

IMO FG and Labour are going to do pretty well in the next election so FF will probably need more than the few seats the PD's can muster up to stay in power.

As I said you keep bashing and weI'll keep growing.

P.S. Someone said earlier they would be interested in seeing how SF do in the By-Elections, they are only standing in the Meath By-Election, Joe O'Reilly is the candidate, he got 6,000 votes the last time he was out so I'd expect to do around the same this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

To be honest, whilst the popularity poll regarding Adams is something the results of this poll indicate the dire need to allow the vote to right only on the basis that a voter answers the following basic questions correctly:

1) Do you believe the church and state should be seperate? If Yes, please continue. If no, never breed.

2) Do you believe it is unacceptable for a political party to maintain a terrorist force? If Yes, vote freely and wisely. If no, never breed.

Irish voters are just getting their heads around the first basic principle of a successful democracy, but after a false dawn regarding 2) the results of this poll indicate theres still a lot of work to do before we cut down on the amount of morons corrupting the democratic proccess. Id had hoped natural selection would have weeded out the tools that voted Lowry back into power as an independant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

irish1 wrote:

You see elected SF politicians actually do get out and work for the people who elected them.

Hopefully SF will choose a democratic path and rid itself of all associations with the criminal IRA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭BCB

magpie wrote:
    Its surprising that all the liberal, democracy-loving Sinn Fein supporters haven't abandoned the party in droves.

Ive supported Sinn Fein for over 25 years through the dark days when they were censorsed by the state,demonised by the Goverments so why would i start now :rolleyes:

Advertisement