Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsters last night?

Options
  • 25-02-2005 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭

Any Boardsters make it to the money in the big game last night? I assume there was a fairly big crowd.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I don't know, one my mates was playing and went out in the 4th Hand..

He gets KK and raises to 500, one caller

Flop comes down 9 5 3 rainbow.

He bets 600, caller raises to 1200 he goes all-in over the top and is called

Caller turns over A9o

Turn is a rag

River's a 9 and that's €270 wasted in 10 minutes, needless to say he wasn't best pleased, rang me up to rant about it!! I fckuin hate when that happens...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Busted halfway through myself. Didn't play too well so can't really moan. AllinKing was still in with 4 tables left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Was hurt early on and never recovered. Blinds 50/100

On BB with 7Ts. BB+2 calls and SB completes, I check.
    F: 568 (2 clubs) All check.
    T: 9 (still only 2 clubs)
    SB raises 150. I raise 1000. BB+2 thinks for ages and calls. SB folds.
    R: 2c

I check and BB puts me all-in for 2.5K

I fold to the flushed board.

Terrible play from me. Any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Not terrible terrible. Depending on who it was, they could have had the flush, but a good player would have seen your flop reraise as a sign of a strong hand on the turn that wanted to shut out any draws. You'd never raise 1000 in that situation with just a flush draw would you?
    So when the flush hits on the river the BB can safely push all-in after you check, he's representing the flush and since the board isn't paired you are going to have to fold your 2 pair or straight or whatever. But that's only if the BB is a very good player.

Good fold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

lafortezza wrote:
    Not terrible terrible. Depending on who it was, they could have had the flush, but a good player would have seen your flop reraise as a sign of a strong hand on the turn that wanted to shut out any draws. You'd never raise 1000 in that situation with just a flush draw would you?
    So when the flush hits on the river the BB can safely push all-in after you check, he's representing the flush and since the board isn't paired you are going to have to fold your 2 pair or straight or whatever. But that's only if the BB is a very good player.

Good fold.

It was BB+2 and I was BB. BB+2 was Eoin O'Dea. I am pretty sure I can class him as a good player :D That came into my assessment as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

BigDragon wrote:
    It was BB+2 and I was BB. BB+2 was Eoin O'Dea. I am pretty sure I can class him as a good player :D That came into my assessment as well.
    That would be much more of a reason to call!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Novice player responds.
    I would have gone all in after the turn.
    At that stage you were holding the best possible hand and anybody holding a flush draw (as it turned out there was) or a open ended higher straight draw would have folded. Trips or two pair may have called but against only a 7 needed for the straight.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I very much doubt Eoin had a flush draw. As I understand it, theres 1450 in the pot when you are asking him for 1000 and he has one card to come (1:5 shot). He will be considering it to be even less likely then that as if the river gives him a club but also pairs, then he is in a world of pain. He'd need about 6000 in the pot, so even implied odds of getting ALL of your remaining chips dont give him the odds. You played well and did nothing wrong but I'd reckon he made a move on you. Eoin is very good at that from what I've seen of his play, he's very aware of when to lean hard...

DeV.

ps: I wouldnt have checked the flop btw, betting flush draws and open-enders is very +EV as Hector would say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

yeah could anyone do a report on this? final table rogues gallery, who won? prize fund? what they have for their supper break? LOL :D:D:p

?:|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭F Fiesta

I was on Table 4 for the night, made no improvement from the start...just couldn't budge. Went out at about 30th. Good night though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

I finshed up fifth, had a slight chip lead going into the final table with about 110k but that was only 11 times the big blind at that stage! Cards dried up totally (got the hammer 5 times, not the time for the hammer!!) and with each round costing 15k the chips soon began to dwindle and I had to be happy with 1500 for a 30 outlay! Derry came fourth and the three remaining did some business for around 5.75k a skull. Some young lad called Neil was one of the 3, dunno if he is a boardster or not though.

Played sollid enough last night, was never all in until my final hand, never even close to all in bar the key hand of the night with Scott Gray. I'm in the BB (16k) and Scott is in the SB with about 12k, he completes and I check with 7d4d, flop comes Kc 7s 4s, checked into me and I make it 2200, he moves all in over the top of me. I know I'm ahead here so I call in a flash, putting him on a flush draw. True enough he turns over AsTs and hits the Js on the turn but Pablo rivers a 7 to fill his boat and sets me up nicely.

With 117 runners I'm happy enough with that finish, I do wonder what may have happened if I had gotten some hands at that final table though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Well played JP. Nice return. Was the 30 outlay on a SnG beforehand ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Juan Pablo wrote:
    (got the hammer 5 times, not the time for the hammer!!)

Blasphemy. Well played JP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Excellent work - saw you on the SnG while I was in the freeroll. Very nice return for that outlay!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Well done JP. poker can be cruel Ref yur 74 ves Axs>Ranks him >ace high, U> 74, Flop U 2 pair, him poss flush draw, Turn him A high flush made, U still 2 pair. :( River u pull a Full house!!!!! :D Cool river. nh
    Davy, Dev did u have a ticket?
    "(got the hammer 5 times, not the time for the hammer!!) " Hammer? what is this hammer u speak of?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

No ticket for me, came 2nd in a SnG before hand after getting cought making a move when badly out chipped.

Well done J.P, I understand your frustration about the blinds. Same thing happened to me last month, no play possible with the blind levels. You really need cards because it's very hard to make a move when people are short stacked. They might call you with an average hand just because they can't afford to fold and you can still find yourself behind.

Maybe it's time for them to start the tournament at 6pm. I know some people have to travel for it but at least it might make for a better game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Juan Pablo wrote:
    Cards dried up totally (got the hammer 5 times, not the time for the hammer!!

All-in 5 times and you're massive chip leader and finish first, you of all people should know better JP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

Juan Pablo wrote:
    Some young lad called Neil was one of the 3, dunno if he is a boardster or not though.
    That was me, except I spell my name as Nigel. :)

It was my second time playing the 270. I had two tickets from the freebies and sold one beforehand, so I was in profit before I started. Played my usual uber-rock game for a few hours getting crappy cards, which at one point left me with <2BB, but somehow I managed to scrape through to the final 18 where I was one of the short stacks. Then the cards started changing for me and I motored through the gears.

I was playing with no fear and having great fun. The whole thing is a big blur to me at the moment and I have to keep staring at the giant wad of €50s in front of me to remind myself of it.

Anyway, see you all at Saturday's freeroll. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

DeVore wrote:
    I very much doubt Eoin had a flush draw. As I understand it, theres 1450 in the pot when you are asking him for 1000 and he has one card to come (1:5 shot). He will be considering it to be even less likely then that as if the river gives him a club but also pairs, then he is in a world of pain. He'd need about 6000 in the pot, so even implied odds of getting ALL of your remaining chips dont give him the odds. You played well and did nothing wrong but I'd reckon he made a move on you. Eoin is very good at that from what I've seen of his play, he's very aware of when to lean hard...

DeV.

ps: I wouldnt have checked the flop btw, betting flush draws and open-enders is very +EV as Hector would say :)

But if he doesnt have odds for the flush draw then calling in the hope of the the flush card hitting so he can push Big Dragon of the hand is just as bad play, if Eoin is in early position then I reckon he had overcards and a flush draw, and figured that his overcards were outs too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭F Fiesta

I had one last night, 2nd hand (said I wouldn't play a hand unless it was a top one but that soon went out the window :) )

pocket jacks, just the SB and BB stayed in for the flop. Jack comes on the flop, I'm thinking - nice start...Jack highest on the board, rainbow flop...

I bet 300 or something like that, he calls...

Turn comes a diamond, now 2 on the board...I bet again, he calls...

River...another diamond...

Bad start :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement